V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Looks good. I'm fixin' to go the same route. Having trouble deciding on the bars though. How tall are you? What size of risers? How do the 16's feel. Too high, too low, or just right. Thanks.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
moonking said:
Looks good. I'm fixin' to go the same route. Having trouble deciding on the bars though. How tall are you? What size of risers? How do the 16's feel. Too high, too low, or just right. Thanks.
Thanks Moonking!

I am 6 feet tall. Used 2 inch risers. For me, 16 inchers are perfect! My hands are about even, or maybe a 1/2 inch or less below my shoulders. On my old set-up, after 10 minutes or so, my fingertips were getting tingly and numb. With the new bars, I rode about 100 miles or so, with no numbness what-so-ever. I did have a little strain in my forearms, but I'm sure that will recede as I get used to the new bars.

Comfort-wise, this is the best money I have spent!

Post pics when you get your new bars on!!!!!

I'm about half way through putting 16's on my Lowrider - waiting for this weekend so I can get the cables.

Great job on yours - hoping mine ends up that clean. I'll post pics when I'm finished.:thumbsup:

FlamedFXSTC said:
Thanks Moonking!

I am 6 feet tall. Used 2 inch risers. For me, 16 inchers are perfect! My hands are about even, or maybe a 1/2 inch or less below my shoulders. On my old set-up, after 10 minutes or so, my fingertips were getting tingly and numb. With the new bars, I rode about 100 miles or so, with no numbness what-so-ever. I did have a little strain in my forearms, but I'm sure that will recede as I get used to the new bars.

Comfort-wise, this is the best money I have spent!

Post pics when you get your new bars on!!!!!
Thanx. I think you just made up my mind.:banana:

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.