V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got 16" Apes installed, along with new grips, mirrors, chrome hand controls, and braided cables. Also moved foot controls forward 3 inches. Man, it's like riding my LazyBoy!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
653 Posts
Flamed,
Man, you did a great job on your bike. The apes look perfect. I just put the 12.5 apes on my King. What a difference!

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Looks awsome!

That,s the great thing about HD's, you can make them "yours".

Try that with a Hayabusa..................

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
Great looking bike. Looks so much better, IMO, than when you got it.

·
fourty three and seven...
3,465 Posts
I had to come back to this thread for another long look at your bike.

WOW. Thanks for posting that. You have me thinking.

·
Lighten up!
593 Posts
That bike looks really cool, those apes really set it off!!! I think it's kinda got and old school chopper look now.:chopper:

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks all!!!!!

As meanbean said, I really feel like it's mine now. It "fits" me.

Thanks again for all the great comments!:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: :fart:

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
harley04 said:
your bike is awsome.:thumbsup: what kind of pipes are those.
Hey Harley04...not sure what pipes I have. My wrench guesses Hookers, circa late 80's. The bike is a 1994, so I suppose that could be. I have been looking at the V&H Big Radius setup, but I really like the way the pipes look and sound now. If I like 'em, what's the point in changing?:dunno:

Anyway, maybe next winter...that will give me plenty of time to change my mind (several times!).

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Stratplexi said:
Man...those apes look awesome. I am going with apes on my Deluxe. What brand did you go with?
Stratplexi,

The bars are just 1" ones that I got from Drag Specialties. I think they are their brand. I wasn't real concerned about the brand, but instead how they looked and felt. Figured I couldn't go wrong for $50! The same thing by Ness and others were in the $200-300 range.:duh?:

·
Swms w/Bowlegged Women!
186 Posts

by the way, the entire front assembly is for sale :)

I am going to a sweeper bar for touring this summer, if anybody is intersted, let me know.

16" Chubby Apes from Wild 1.

Would come with Grips, Clutch Cable, Throttle Push and Pull cable and the risers...

I may post in the for sale section.

T

1 - 20 of 24 Posts