V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

On a Bike anyway.
Riding to work, pretty windy.... Started to get a bit of a speed wobble above 80MPH, Not Normal.
Thought it was the wind blowing me about a bit. Got to work, parked up
bladebla...............Came back at home time, back tyre Flat as a pancake! :eek:
Got a can of that aerosol puncture sealant, pumped it up with it and checked the pressure at the next garage and of I go.........
What I want to check is, RKC's are tubed aren't they?
That means the gunk's in the tube, not the tyre?
So I'd need to change the tube and check the tyre for whatever stabbed it in the first place and remove it?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I do, don't ya no....the last time I looked I think......

:D

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
i pulled a nail out of my back tyre a month ago, then i watched it go down
i thought i was clever. then i had take the wheel off and get it fixed.
i should have just rode it down to the shop and let them do all the work.

I will know better next time!!

·
Banned
999 Posts
gilesie said:
i pulled a nail out of my back tyre a month ago, then i watched it go down
i thought i was clever. then i had take the wheel off and get it fixed.

and if you were especially clever you would have had a tire plug handy and put it right in that clever little nail hole.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
OK I have to ask.... JUst whoes Sidekick are ya? Sorry but I have to ask! LOL!

·
Banned
999 Posts
JimmyK said:
OK I have to ask.... JUst whoes Sidekick are ya? Sorry but I have to ask! LOL!

It's an old handle for me, didn't particularly like it when I got saddled. with it.

I think it started because I was always able to kickstart some particularly recalcitrant bikes in the past,or fix some wierd crap on the side of the road. People called me Kickstart for awhile and it just kind of segued into sidekick.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
KickStart is cool. Tell em to kiss yer ass on the SideKick though. If you are Old School, you know why.

·
BFFB
833 Posts
slimes worked on nail hole for me twice,,,i carry a cheapo foot pump and 2 bottles(in case some one else has a flat) 2nd time i rode a couple of weekks with it in,,,,,when the tire was broken down it was all contained within the tube,,,,no mess !!! im a believer !!!or maybe just lucky

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Mine turned out to have a small nail in it too.
The stuff I used wasn't 'Slime' but similar, pumped it up with it to begin with then went to a garage.
Re-pumped up to 30psi, next day it was at 20psi. Rode about for 2 days on it then changed the tube(no choice, couldn't get it fixed), seemed to stabalise at around the 20psi mark....
Gonna carry a can with me from now on.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Never used the fix-a-flat on a bike tire but I know the couple times I used it on car tires it puts them seriously out of balance. Something to think about...

Scott
03 RKC

1 - 17 of 17 Posts