V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went and had the bike dyno'd. It was on the lean side from about 2500 rpm's on up to the top. 15.8+/- is the number that sticks out in my head. Seat of the pant power didnt showed itself until around 2700 rpm's and was labored above 3800 rpm's.
First run showed 64.01 HP
69.57 torque
Lots of decel popping, back fireing, and coughing out the intake now and again.

Final run adjutments got much better 13.8+/-
final readings were 72.03 HP:woohoo:
74.44 torque:banana:

Now the power comes in around 2450 +/- rpm's and gets stronger all the way up to 6000 rpm's without even flinching. The ride home showed smooth and unlabored power all thru the Gorge (I-15).

I desided to go with a Power ComanderIIIusb. Both cyl. were tweeked and adjusted. Almost 40 miles were logged on the dyno, Steve Handy was great to work with and seemed genuinely interested in my concerns and wishes and seemed to go the extra mile to explain everything involed in the proccess.
Steve Handy from AZ runs a fully portable Dyno-Jet Dyno and is a Power Commander dealer. With a fully self contained set-up He travels the western states and all I can say is Im happy with my choice, and happy with the new numbers. I love having power till I need to shut down or the rev limiter kicks in. I dont work for nor am I affiliated with Steve or his company, but highly recommend him and his service!!!:woohoo:

Hey Steve..........Any chance I can get a copy of the map you did for me? So I have a base to go off of when its time to make more mods to the engine???

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Nine ponies and five lbs of torque from just a tune on a basic twin cam. Lets hear it again from everyone that says the HD download is good enough. 15.8 is way too lean and causes hot running and idle and lousy transfer of power. These are AIR COOLED engines and need fuel to cool themselves. Glad you ran into Steve. Heard nothing but good things about him. And now you have a smoother, cooler, and stronger ride.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wolfx said:
Went and had the bike dyno'd. It was on the lean side from about 2500 rpm's on up to the top. 15.8+/- is the number that sticks out in my head. Seat of the pant power didnt showed itself until around 2700 rpm's and was labored above 3800 rpm's.
First run showed 64.01 HP
69.57 torque
Lots of decel popping, back fireing, and coughing out the intake now and again.

Final run adjutments got much better 13.8+/-
final readings were 72.03 HP:woohoo:
74.44 torque:banana:

Now the power comes in around 2450 +/- rpm's and gets stronger all the way up to 6000 rpm's without even flinching. The ride home showed smooth and unlabored power all thru the Gorge (I-15).

I desided to go with a Power ComanderIIIusb. Both cyl. were tweeked and adjusted. Almost 40 miles were logged on the dyno, Steve Handy was great to work with and seemed genuinely interested in my concerns and wishes and seemed to go the extra mile to explain everything involed in the proccess.
Steve Handy from AZ runs a fully portable Dyno-Jet Dyno and is a Power Commander dealer. With a fully self contained set-up He travels the western states and all I can say is Im happy with my choice, and happy with the new numbers. I love having power till I need to shut down or the rev limiter kicks in. I dont work for nor am I affiliated with Steve or his company, but highly recommend him and his service!!!:woohoo:

Hey Steve..........Any chance I can get a copy of the map you did for me? So I have a base to go off of when its time to make more mods to the engine???
Wolfx, Glad you are happy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: as for your map load CD that I put in your saddle bag (in the power comander box) in your computer and hook to computer with moter running it will pop up on computer... can be saved on computer or printed, but no reason as new mods.... dyno man will just work off what is there ... it is not like SERT that wont tell you what is in it .... PC will tell you the whole story SPLIT MAP , TIMING , AND FUEL :beer4u: .......by the way GLAD we did yours Friday as I did 9 bikes up there Saturday
Good Luck
Steve The Dyno Guy :cheers:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts