V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sitting behind a car at a stop sign, and heard brakes locking up. Next thing I know a car is on top of my bike. He hit me from behind, and I held the bike up straight. His front end came over my rear tire, and I was slightly pinned between his front bumper and my handlebars. I wiggled out, having some pain now but nothing major. My 2003 Big Dog Mastiff is trashed from the seat backwards. He said "Sorry man, I wasn't paying attention." I looked at him and said "No Sh!t!" At least I made it home in time to have dinner with my wife and kids. :beer:

Stay safe out there!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Lucky Guy. If I were you I think I would have a beer and buy a lottery ticket. Glad you are ok. Hopefully the other driver has good insurance.


Stay Safe

Jim
 

·
Another Great Day to Ride
Joined
·
963 Posts
Scorp said:
At least I made it home in time to have dinner with my wife and kids. :beer:
Bottom line there, Scorp... I bet they were really happy you made it home for dinner too...

Sorry to hear about the bike. I probably wouldn't have done it either, but, maybe a punch in the face, and a broken, bloodied nose would make that guy pay attention in the future... :nunu:

"Sorry Man... blah blah blah..." :loser:

POW!!! :boxin:

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, either..."

sigh...

Glad you are here to post about it...

E :beer4u:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
When I first read that you held the bike up straight, I had this picture of you straining holding the big dog up on it's back tire. I was going to give you the he-man award for that.

Glad to hear you are ok.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
946 Posts
Glad to hear that you are OK! Sorry about the bike. I had something similar happen to me but I had read a post from Harris about keeping your bike in gear when stopped in traffic and keeping it pointed to the left or right for an escape route. Well I crested a hill and had to stop for a car making a left turn. Kept the bike in gear and pointed towards the berm. Next thing I hear are screeching brakes, popped the clutch and went into the berm. The car stopped before hitting the car making a left but there was no longer enough space for my bike between the two! I never thanked Harris for posting that info so here it is; Thanks Harris!:bowdwn:
 

·
void** ppVoid;
Joined
·
895 Posts
pa-glazier said:
I never thanked Harris for posting that info so here it is; Thanks Harris!:bowdwn:
Harris deserves much thanks for freely sharing his abundant knowledge for those of us not so experienced or learned. Thanks Harris!!
 

·
I haven't seen your bird.
Joined
·
8,499 Posts
Ditto what the others said about you being okay and that the bike can be repaired. The number of "Sorry man, I wasn't paying attention"-type drivers out there is mind boggling. I won't go into a full-blown cell phone rant. You've all heard that song and dance before. But oftentimes it's just this: they're simply not paying attention, for any imaginable reason. And don't even get me started about the rampant red light runners. I see that several times a day. Count your blessings and hug the wife and kids, Scorp. You'll ride another day.

P.S. Kudos to Harris. I agree.
 

·
fourty three and seven...
Joined
·
3,465 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK. But be careful, some injuries don't manifest symptoms right away.

One of my big worries riding is just what happened to you. Sometimes I feel like I am in battle or a fast video game when I ride.

I feel that every car is a threat. turning left on a busy road scares the poop out of me because I think I might get rear ended. I am always checking my mirrors and ready to punch it.

Congrats on the home with the w&k in one piece.
 
H

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
pa-glazier said:
Glad to hear that you are OK! Sorry about the bike. I had something similar happen to me but I had read a post from Harris about keeping your bike in gear when stopped in traffic and keeping it pointed to the left or right for an escape route. Well I crested a hill and had to stop for a car making a left turn. Kept the bike in gear and pointed towards the berm. Next thing I hear are screeching brakes, popped the clutch and went into the berm. The car stopped before hitting the car making a left but there was no longer enough space for my bike between the two! I never thanked Harris for posting that info so here it is; Thanks Harris!:bowdwn:
There is no greater thanks than hearing that story.

Harris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Lucky Bugger!

I love a story with a happy ending-too many horror stories these days.

Glad to hear your OK and i'm glad for your family aswell.

Also ditto what everyone else said.:beer4u:
 

·
EASY DOES IT
Joined
·
8,914 Posts
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good...glad you were lucky!
 

·
natural-born world-shaker
Joined
·
2,978 Posts
Glad you're OK. Hate to hear about the bike ... scary stuff.
 

·
Retired
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
Glad you came out in good shape Scorp.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Scorp said:
I was sitting behind a car at a stop sign, and heard brakes locking up. Next thing I know a car is on top of my bike. He hit me from behind, and I held the bike up straight. His front end came over my rear tire, and I was slightly pinned between his front bumper and my handlebars. I wiggled out, having some pain now but nothing major. My 2003 Big Dog Mastiff is trashed from the seat backwards. He said "Sorry man, I wasn't paying attention." I looked at him and said "No Sh!t!" At least I made it home in time to have dinner with my wife and kids. :beer:

Stay safe out there!
hey scorp - glad you're okay... i think by biggest fear is being stopped at a light and having some bozo run me over from behind. especially when i'm the first one at the light - somehow i feel invisible at that point. i'm always in gear ready to get out of harms way.

Scorp said:
At least I made it home in time to have dinner with my wife and kids. :beer:
sounds like your priorities are in order!!! bet they were glad to see you.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top