V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving to all

Am waiting delivery of my Night Train, have been trolling the net looking for examples of how to make it even blacker, came across a Train for sale, noticed that every bolt on that scoot was black. Rear fender support, rocker heads, engine block, transmission side, any silver bolt blacked out.

Is this a kit, slip on covers, a touch up paint job? I have written the owner and asked, thought I'd ask here as I've seen so many good ideas bounced back and forth. Maybe while you are digesting y'all can give any thoughts or other groovy blackening ideas.

Having another Italian Thanksgiving, just not the same as a Sate side feast!

Thanks for any advice and happy feasting

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Easy way to black out hardware

Hey Nite Train.
I covered all my hardware (nuts, bolts, etc) with a product called HOT TOPPERS.
They are great because they cover the hardware and are removable to work on the bike so you dont have to worry about marring costom hardware with wrenches, you can replace them one at a time if any one get ugly, you can mix and match chrome, chrome with skulls, or black.
You can take a look at the following link. NOTE that the black ones will have an item number of HTB and the chrome are HTD, the skull covers are HTS.Wally's Cycle World Hot Topper offerings
Enjoy that awesome rig man.
I LOVE the night train. I actually was debating between that and My scooter until my wife and I walked into a dealer and saw a Dyna superglide sport on the sales floor,,,, and she bought me the damn thing for me on the spot!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Hey Dynatherapy,

Our story sounds the same! I too was peeping the Train and my(then) girlfriend took the following Friday off and ordered one for me. But due to availability and delivery issues. I wound up changing my mind and got the FXDX within two months rather than waitng nine months for the Train. I glad I decided to go with the Twin Cam in the Dyna chassis. Great bike!

The FXDX was the first '99 that I laid eyes on but she preferred the Night Train.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dyna

Thanks for the tip. Had a look, just what the Doctor ordered. But a small problem, your wife wouldn't have $281.95 to spare for a poor UN workere trying to help feed the world?!

Going to be in Fort Lauderdale in early Decemeber, I understand there is some giant HD dealer there, would they carry these toppers?

Supersport

mine was the opposite. the night train was my first vision. the dealer had there ready to buy, couldn't get the check book out quick enough. Still trying to justify it to the wife!

thanks guys

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Dynatherapy and Supersport, You aint fooling around with my Bride are ya?:D

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
Well Night Train.
I actually pieced the toppers together over a 4 month period because I didnt want to spend all my cash on hand on a kit just after such a large purchase.
Just go to your local HD dealer and do the ones that look ya in the eya and taunt you while your riding. I actually brought lunch for a few weeks and used lunch money to get another handfull each week.
The down side is the kit is under 300.00 and piece mealing the bike will end up at about $380.00.
Take your time and make the decision ONCE!!!! Its SOOO easy to compulsion buy and want something else later.
Party On!!!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dyna

that's how I got my bike, haven't had lunch for three years now! I saw a topper kit "starter" it says, briefley, that it does the engine, trans, primary for $101.96, affordable. But do you think or know does that include the rocker box bolts and head bolts? one other, what size are needed to cover the rear fender support bolts?

Thanks.

found your pic on that 'ugly mug' thread sweet bike. and we could be brothers, same size, same goatee.

later

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a new owner of an Electra Glide Standard and am looking for a dealer that sells parts below retail. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
pigspitt, try www.haleshd.com, or give 'em a call @ 419-522-8602. Ask for Jenni Sapyta. The lady really has it together. Have part numbers ready, because she is a busy lady. 20% off all HD parts and some aftermarket stuff too. Enjoy the E- glide. Ride safe !!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts