V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i realize that riding has always given me a spirituality and contentment like nothing else. i need this to help stay c&s. purchased a new 06 ultra this week after living in southern mexico for 8 months without. i need to stay put here in vancouver for the foreseeable future until i am well grounded in my recovery. had 3 years of probably the best years of my life while clean and sober and i want it back. this truely is a cunning and baffling disease. thought things were cool when i left, but found myself banging jones, something i parted with in the late 70's, when i recently returned. it's always right there behind you, waiting patiently almost 30 years. any non attitude riders in the vancouver, fraser valley area? looking for a sponsor with quality program. cheers, kevin

·
Registered
136 Posts
Not in Vancouver, but, just want to try and encourage you to be free. You have obviously been full circle at least once. I am an addict of many things, and sometimes I must remind myself of the reality of life,,, it’s harsh, but it’s what YOU make it, no one but you can decide your destiny. I’m not preaching to you, I am just reminding you that it’s your choice, to live or die. Choose life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey bro -

yeah, it's always out there. But it doesn't have to be part of your life today. Thank God for having that choice. Remember what happened and thank God again that you don't have to go through that again.

Enjoy the ride.
Kevin (Meathooks)

·
Banned
1,636 Posts
Remember,

While you're inside working the Steps and Traditions, your disease is out in the parking lot doing pushups, crunches and wind sprints.
You got some tools now, use 'em.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Hang in there Bro. You've probably heard this but my worst day sober was far better than my best day drunk. Remeber Bill W rode a Harley!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Staying clean and sober

I am celebrating 24 years this month and although it has not been easy all of the time, I wouldn't trade it for anything! I spent 14 years drinking and drugging and 8 riding with a club that was not AMA approved so staying straight was not normal behavior for me. Today, I ride an '04 Dyna Wide Glide and put more miles on it than I ever did when using. No matter what happens, I just remember that drinking is not an option! Hang in there and most importantly, talk to people. It helps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts