V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Googles for when I ride my train

I am looking for a good pair of googles to wear when I am ridding my train around. I would love ones that the lens would change because of the lack of space on the bike for storage. Any recomendations?
 

·
06 NightTrain
Joined
·
289 Posts

·
Incredible
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
Harley sells a set of goggle glasses that have day/night and they also sell one with interchangle lenses that come with black / yellow and you can buy a set of the day / night. I love mine.

I also have a pair of PanOptix which are great.


The ones listed on the forum are horrible if you ride without a windshield. They do not have solid foam to make a complete fit to your face.
 

·
Ironbutt
Joined
·
7,412 Posts
I have 2 pair of Panoptix, one that stays dark and one that changes (day/night) from light to dark depending on the light. I bought the day/night pair thinking it would eliminate the problem of having to carry 2 pairs of glasses because the dark pair is too dark to wear at night. Unfortunately, the day/night glasses don't get dark enough for me in bright sunlight so i'm still stuck with 2 pair of glasses. Last year i bought a pair of the WileyX riding glasses ($50) and the mirror coating started coming off after the first week. I called the company and they sent me another pair. A week later the second pair was doing the same thing. Needless to say, i'm not having to much luck in my search for the perfect glasses. On a positive note, the Panoptix are very good quality and do provide a good seal for riding without a shield.
 

·
Incredible
Joined
·
3,029 Posts
miles to go said:
I have 2 pair of Panoptix, one that stays dark and one that changes (day/night) from light to dark depending on the light. I bought the day/night pair thinking it would eliminate the problem of having to carry 2 pairs of glasses because the dark pair is too dark to wear at night. Unfortunately, the day/night glasses don't get dark enough for me in bright sunlight so i'm still stuck with 2 pair of glasses. Last year i bought a pair of the WileyX riding glasses ($50) and the mirror coating started coming off after the first week. I called the company and they sent me another pair. A week later the second pair was doing the same thing. Needless to say, i'm not having to much luck in my search for the perfect glasses. On a positive note, the Panoptix are very good quality and do provide a good seal for riding without a shield.
I agree on the two pairs of riding goggles. I have to keep a very dark pair for bright days. My eyes are very sensitive to light due to an infraction caused by the slight estigmatism I have. To much bright light and I am light blinded so dark sun glasses are a must. The day/night is good for those early morning and late afternoon / night riding. I will stick with dark lenses the rest of the time. I just keep my day/night interchangeable with me now for my HD glasses and I am fine for all occassions. The lenses are easy in / out and I can keep them in my pocket in their protective bag.
 

·
onemorethatsit
Joined
·
69 Posts
I ending up with the wiley-x after a lot of searching, in my case I needed perscriptions and wanted interchangable lenses. Only problem is they fit my face fairly snug so I tend to fog up at stoplights. Other than that I love them.
JP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,831 Posts
be thankful you can get them in prescription. I cant because of the strenth of the lens required and have to wear fitovers.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
machinist said:
be thankful you can get them in prescription. I cant because of the strenth of the lens required and have to wear fitovers.
I just ordered a couple of pairs from sportrx. They will send you the goggles, let you try them on to choose the set you like, then fit them with prescription lens.. I wanted some goggles, not sunglasses with foam, and they have quite a few to choose from.

Machinist. They have a set of goggle specifically for high strength prescriptions.. SportRX G102.... Check em out..

www.sportrx.com
 

·
onemorethatsit
Joined
·
69 Posts
Minivan, same outfit I got mine from, fast service and nice to deal with. Machinist I'd give them call and chat with them about anything special you need. I ended up calling for another set of yellow lenses, told her I wanted for shooting and dusk driving (my eyes suck at night) so the yellow cuts the glare even if you lose some depth. Lenses came in a week with just the right tint. Seem to remember they had alot of choices for different styles.
JP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
944 Posts
johnpem said:
Minivan, same outfit I got mine from, fast service and nice to deal with. Machinist I'd give them call and chat with them about anything special you need. I ended up calling for another set of yellow lenses, told her I wanted for shooting and dusk driving (my eyes suck at night) so the yellow cuts the glare even if you lose some depth. Lenses came in a week with just the right tint. Seem to remember they had alot of choices for different styles.
JP

John, did Bambi help you?? Kinda awnry, but I liked it.....
 

·
onemorethatsit
Joined
·
69 Posts
No not Bambi, but thats a name I would remember right away! actually it was Jennifer I believe, real nice and easy to deal with.
JP
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,664 Posts
JamieWG said:
These aren't goggles, but I love 'em. I bought two pair last year, one clear, one smoked and they work great. Foam around the edges keeps your eyes sealed from the wind and they don't fog up.

http://www.thebestmcglasses.com/index.htm

Plus, it's a site sponsor. $15 ea, you can't go wrong.
I agree the best glasses i have had . I have 4 pairs now.
I had the wiley glasses that change color, after a month they stopped working.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top