V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
harleys_n_laddertrucks
Joined
·
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats every one think bout the new format with the google ads? I don't like them,they are anoying.:thumbsdn:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
WTF does this have to do with bikes? Anybody??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,064 Posts
They have already compromised thier integrety backing up certain sponsers claims and measurement processes, now it looks like they are really selling out. It is just like the magazines that never have a sponsor's product that they give a less than great report.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
route66paul said:
They have already compromised thier integrety backing up certain sponsers claims and measurement processes, now it looks like they are really selling out. .
Who are we talking about?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
trucky911 said:
Whats every one think bout the new format with the google ads? I don't like them,they are anoying.:thumbsdn:
I can't read. I though you were talking about google, not the cheap way this place sells ads. Well maybe cheap is not the right word.

I don't don't pay any antentionto them, cause I do not take any ads serious around here. The last vendor I used from here was a major mistake and has been dropped. But how did they get here in the 1st place$$$
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
Is there any thought put into the ads and suppliers around here, or jsut cough up your money?

As slow as this place is, I don;t see it being a problem for long. we will only hace desperate ones left.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,288 Posts
Sucks

My ad blocker does not take them out. Anything better than Norton to get the job done? Don't like to be bombarded with ads that have nothing to do with a V-Twin web site.
Next thing to come is a software that identifies key words and links them to sponsors, right? That will be the day I say good bye to this place
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
11,239 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,701 Posts
I think it's tacky as helll. I thought we paid $15 bucks to keep this site going. Now that crap? Is the forum selling out?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
All of you that are pissing and moaning about ads on this site should be aware that it costs money to maintain a website, it's not cheap, the owner of the site probably would like to see a little profit too, why should'nt he. Many here have bikes that they have over 20k into and then bitch about the paltry $15.00 per year membership, they had to generate dollars somehow, if it does not come from the users it has to come from somewhere, it comes down to put up or shut up, most users here won't put up cause they are too cheap.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,064 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,064 Posts
sthorp said:
All of you that are pissing and moaning about ads on this site should be aware that it costs money to maintain a website, it's not cheap, the owner of the site probably would like to see a little profit too, why should'nt he. Many here have bikes that they have over 20k into and then bitch about the paltry $15.00 per year membership, they had to generate dollars somehow, if it does not come from the users it has to come from somewhere, it comes down to put up or shut up, most users here won't put up cause they are too cheap.
It is the format of the ads. Put them to the right, fine. They were right in the middle before I changed the hosts file.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,657 Posts
route66paul said:
It is the format of the ads. Put them to the right, fine. They were right in the middle before I changed the hosts file.
I use Firefox, they have always been on the right for me, what do you mean "changed the hosts file"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
455 Posts
I like the ads in the right.. We have all good help from the sponsors,, GMR, Hillside, Rev-perf, Bigboyz to name a few... But the new google ads ?? WTF !!! Take them away.. We'll google things if we want that kind of ads..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
hdmarsh77 said:
I thought we paid $15 bucks to keep this site going. ?
Maybe subscription rates will go down.:whistle:
I would just like to think, the people that advertise here, are selling a good product. I bought from an advertiser here two years ago, PIA. Enough complaints and was dropped. Should he have been here inthe first place, who knows. You don't know what they are like until they have been here for awhile.

The other three I have dealth with are Georges G Garage, GMR and RP. Which I am happy with.

I look down the side of the screen and see alot of vendors. Are they any good?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,644 Posts
sthorp said:
Many here have bikes that they have over 20k into and then bitch about the paltry $15.00 per year membership, they .
Don't spend my money for me. I have to give up things to have a bike. Not as much as some.
I don't think $15 is alot though.
 
1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Top