V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Was wondering if anyone knew of a good shop in the Los Angeles area? On the first day i bought my 2001 DynaWideGlide i dropped, not while riding but after i put the kickstand down thinking it was set(it wasnt :eek: ) I was hoping someone could refer me to a good shop that would do the repairs on it. Its got a small scrape on the front fender and a small dent and scrape on the left side of the tank. On the fender it didnt get through the clearcoat.. but on the tank it did. Needs a small paint job done on it and thats about it. If someone could help me out and point me to a good shop that does good work it would be appreciated. Bought my bike at Bartels but i figure i might be able to find a body shop that would do it cheaper(plus i got mixed estimates from bartels, one guy told me 300-500 another told me 1000). Thanks again.

Oh and hi all ;)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've never heard of an authorized HD shop doing body repairs. It's replaced with new body parts. I've never seen or heard of any independent shops doing these kind of repairs, aside from stretched tanks and widening fenders. Plus HD uses a special "secret" paint technique. YOu're better off getting new/used stuff.

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
xprow said:
Hey all. Was wondering if anyone knew of a good shop in the Los Angeles area? <snip>. Its got a small scrape on the front fender and a small dent and scrape on the left side of the tank. On the fender it didnt get through the clearcoat.. but on the tank it did. Needs a small paint job done on it and thats about it. <snip>

Factory touch-up paint will cover a small scratch. Sounds like you definitely need body work done, the tank repaired. My experience with body work/painters is that there's no such thing as a small job, unless it's just a pin striping. A class job with the dent and scrape on the tank will likely require removing the tank. Maybe the fender can be repaired with it being on the bike. Q: have you priced out what it costs to have a small dent/scrape taken off a car? That's kinda what you're facing here, unless you do the work yourself. Have you considered having the entire bike painted? Wouldn't cost much more than the costs necessary to have this work done. There are several reputable painters in the LA area. I encourage you to get the work done now, while demand is down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what i figured. Im looking to sell the bike. But i want to get a better price by fixing it up first. Bought it when i turned 18, i dont use it enough to have a bike that expensive. Figured id fix it up, sell it, build my own bike (id do a ton of reading first of course).

You mentioned you knew some reputable shops... which ones would they be? If i put money into a 1000-2000 paint job on my bike.. u think i could get a better deal on selling the bike? If u could give me the names of what shops u would recommend for the paint job it would be appreciated. Thanks again in advance

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Also in Riverside.....

Ghostride Kustoms
6260 Rutland Avenue
Unit A10
Riverside, CA 92503
Phone: (909) 687-6272

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.. ill contact him to see what it might run me. If anyone knows anymore it would be appreciated, ive looked myself of course but id rather have one recommended to me cause i want a good job done. I live in Los Angeles so an area around here is preffered but i dont mind shippin the parts. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts