V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was doing some light touring with my girl out in Ohio, about 100 miles from home untill we heard a sound like the saddlebag was rubbing the tire, yup flat tire.

Now here I am in Dennison Ohio, just about a mile from NO WHERE.
Walked around this quaint town just for a bit just to find out it was vacant.

Pulled out my HOG atlas and seen there was a Harley shop about 30 miles away. With that empty feeling in my stomach I gave therm a call.

Feller asked a bunch of questions like what type bike, spoke wheels, and exactley where I was at.
huh, I told him I was a mile from no where and next to a late 1800's looked like steam train. He laughed and said I know exactly where you are. Then he told me head down two blocks on the right to an Eagles club, Tell them big Ron sent ya.....Ok.

Did what he said me and my girl had each a burger and a couple beers, took about an hour and then the bar tender said Big Ron just called and said they are waiting by your bike, went to pay her and she said Big ron got it, huh.

Went to the bike where a Man named Donny was waiting on us, real nice guy. He loaded the bike in the hauler and off we went, Adventure harley Davidson of New Philidelphia Ohio.
They put the bike in the back and I did all the paper work.

About an hour later she was done. He asked earlier if it looked like I needed brake pads if I wanted them to change them, ofcoarse.

They handed ma a bill:
Towing, Tire, Tube, Rim band and brake pads $319 TOTALL, Lets not forget the free burgers and beers.

Now we all know a flat out in the midle of no where and the cost it will be if it ever happen, I have to tell ya, that was the best flat tire story I have ever heard forget about tell it.

So if your ever out in New philly Ohio stop by Adventure Harley Davidson, just some great poeple to meet.
Dave

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
I guess a dealer can be human after all!

·
Premium Member
600 Posts
Strait up Class if you ask me.

Good to hear that there are still some classy dealerships that believe in going out of their way to take care of the customer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m from Dover, Ohio it has always been a Harley town! I remember back in the 70’s the dealership was by Memorial Hall as a kid it was amazing to see!

I was at the dealership yesterday lots of activity bought a new windshield had a bite to eat from the local vendor and headed out happy!

Looking for the same experience in Columbus deciding which of the dealers are the best here 3 to choose from! Anyone with a suggestion on ships to visit in Columbus?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts