V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have CruiserWorks boots, excellent quality, but I think I should have gotten a little larger size, plus I don't like that they do not lace tight to the leg.

Any thoughts on aother good quality leather boot, Milwaukee, Chilhawee, etc. I like the Red Wings, but they are a little heavy.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
DCRANER said:
I have CruiserWorks boots, excellent quality, but I think I should have gotten a little larger size, plus I don't like that they do not lace tight to the leg.

Any thoughts on aother good quality leather boot, Milwaukee, Chilhawee, etc. I like the Red Wings, but they are a little heavy.
I just got some Red Wing motorcycle boots. They are a little heavy, but I think that's a good thing since they should offer a little more protection than a lightweight pair of boots. They are also a very comfortable boot. I feel like I could walk in them for hours without any problem.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Carolina...I like lace up loggers 'cause ya can wear 'em all day in comfort and I simply refuse to buy a boot priced over $100 that isn't lined. I just purchased these and I've gotten them broken in. (didn't take long) They are as comfy as any shoes I've ever worn, it's very good quality construction with the best materials and you can get them in black, brown and tan, with or without steel toes, built in steel shank, "Vibram" sole/heel with a padded Cordura lining...all for $109 - $129 depending on the steel toe...I ain't in any way shape or form affiliated with these guys...just impressed!

·
Infrequent Poster
1,662 Posts
I am going to throw in my -2$en#e- for the Redwings. I have had mine for over two years now and they are only getting better each time I wear them.

They are probably a little heavy, but I think they are worth it.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I really like Chippewa boots style 27862. They are a high quality product made in USA. Only down side to them is they are heavy. They are lined and have a double layer toe piece.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
I'll second Chippewa boots, I've tried many different boots and I love these. They feel better everytime I wear them. I wear the 73045 Logger model and I was concerned at first because they're insulated and I thought they may be too hot in the summer months. After having worn them throughout a full riding season, their great for year round riding.

http://www.chippewaboots.com/boots/...nder=4&sType=286&sSubType=&id=73045&find=true

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I wear Danners. I wear them on the bike and at work 8-10 hours a day. Very comfortable and resolable (sp) when the time comes....

Tony

·
Registered
769 Posts
vasque gore-tex hiking boots ,,, dry , warm and vibram soles ..... they will give you the kind of foot traction needed to move a heavy bike in and out of parking spots and your foot wont slip when you put it down at a stop ...they are also boots that you can walk all day in and have happy feet .......gander mountain sells them at a pretty good price ..... i am on my third pair in 7 years ,, i ware them every day of the week ,,, and walk 3 miles a day in them in my exercise program, plus all the rest of the walking i do every day ....they are my primary foot ware ....summer, fall , winter and spring..........rat

·
Registered
208 Posts
Gunslinger said:
I wear Danners. I wear them on the bike and at work 8-10 hours a day. Very comfortable and resolable (sp) when the time comes....

Tony

Same here. I have 2 pairs of deserts that were issued. Best boots I ever had.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
fourstar said:
I got some Harley Street Troopers a few years back. They come with a side zipper that speeds entry and exit. They're comfortable and not too heavy. I think you can find them for about $100.
http://www.spiritharley.com/store/product646.html
Some here say the HD boots are not good quality, but am I correct that they are made by Wolverine Boot Co.?

And, the HD website shows a small number of boots, but the internet stores show dozens of HD boots. I see the HD Crankshaft 8" in the internet, but not in the HD website, is this a good boot? I kind of like that one since it is a steel toe and has a plain traditional look.

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
DCRANER said:
Some here say the HD boots are not good quality, but am I correct that they are made by Wolverine Boot Co.?

And, the HD website shows a small number of boots, but the internet stores show dozens of HD boots. I see the HD Crankshaft 8" in the internet, but not in the HD website, is this a good boot? I kind of like that one since it is a steel toe and has a plain traditional look.
Mine are fine quality wise. I have also heard they were made by Wolverine, but I can't find anything on them that says that, and I don't see anything remotely similar to them in the Wolverine line.
I don't know about the rest of the HD line either.

·
This space is blank
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am thinking of going with Red Wing 980's, anyone have these?

They are not steel toe, so not sure if they are good for shifting, but they are motorcycle boots. Have a clean look and I can be sure of Red Wing quality.

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
DCRANER said:
I am thinking of going with Red Wing 980's, anyone have these?

They are not steel toe, so not sure if they are good for shifting, but they are motorcycle boots. Have a clean look and I can be sure of Red Wing quality.
I like mine, but I shift with the heel/toe shifter

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I wear Red Wing 1116. They fill the bill plus they have a wide range of width sizing. How come most boot manufacturers think the whole world has medium width feet? :dunno:

·
Registered
2 Posts
boots

I am pretty particular with my boots, tried redwings, did not ever seem to break in as nice as I thought they should. Switched to Justin lacers, comfortable boots. I work on concrete slabs every day all day. Believe me, I can notice difference in boots.

Brix

·
Registered
72 Posts
Timberlands

I have Timberlands. Great boot, comfortable, and waterproof. Been using them about a year. Love 'em

·
Registered
282 Posts
I own three different pairs of Dr. Martens. Very comfortable out of the box, and break in very well. My first pair had some damage after I wore them for over a year. I contacted Dr. Marten and they replaced them with brand new boots. Great customer service, very friendly and no hassles. That instance (and their comfort and durability - totalled my bike while wearing a pair) convinced me to stick with them. The only down side I can see by everyone's comments is they are not insulated or anything. Just a good quality leather boot. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone.

·
Registered
580 Posts
I work on concrete all day also and I have had my chiipawa's for 2 years,
#25405 for pleasure and25410 for work,ride with both pair year round,comfortable and protection,My bike got sideways on me the other day and I put my foot down and snspped it back up the muffler cranked into my ankle,I new it was broken,got to work no bruising or pain after the next day,Wont ride without them again.-2$en#e-

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Wolverines for winter, the have thinsulate and don't need a "break in" they are comfortable from the git.
Justin lace up ropers for summer they are light but need a month to break in and lots of mink oil, but once they are broken in they are comfortable and last. I have a pair that are near 10 years old and still goin strong, the smell proves it:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 74 Posts