V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man,

This is the third set of mufflers I have been sent. The other two sets I sent back due to chrome scratches and bad scuffs! They wrap this sheit in coarse plastic and cardboard boxes right from the manufacturer?

I have to just live with this latest set I was told, and low and behold, they are all scuffed up! :thumbsdn:

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Who said that?...and why should you have to live with it.If it was me I would just switch to a different manufacturer if they have such piss poor quality control.Totally unacceptable!

Randy

·
Banned
871 Posts
What mufflers are you talking about?? Didn't see a brand name. If they are from H-D, then that's no surprise. They may have been packed in Japan or China. Go aftermarket if you haven't already.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cycle Shack

No man, They are Cycle Shacks and they sound and run better then a half dozen others I have run! Performance and sound can't be beat!

The mufflers used to be wrapped in a soft paper towel like product, then plastic then boxed in a cycle shack box. Now the box says Drag Specialties on it and they are really poorly packaged! The mufflers still say Cycle Shack and the part # is right! I need the mufflers to ride, as the old ones were chucked do to a wifey, Garage, Oops too close mishap! It took me over two weeks to get this latest replacement! Man this sucks! I guess I will be converting to a full exhaust system next time! The stock head pipes with these mufflers have a real nice clean torque curve and sound however!

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Called tech

I placed a call and talked to the sales rep who said that the mufflers will have more scuffs after a few miles on the road then what they are sent with anyway soooo...
Wowha, wait a minute I said, is this the attitude? send em in scratched and scuffed condition, cause thats the way they will end up in awhile anyway??
His comment was take some windex and steel wool and rub out the scuff! and youll see , you won't notice in a month or two!

Yep, thats the kind of Customer service I seem to get lately! :thumbsdn: either:
1.) No call back at all
2.) You got what you paid for!
3.) This was a classic....Your too pickey, it's only a hunk of metal, a motorcycle!
4.) Now you wont notice in a month or two, just rubb it with steel wool and windex!

Yep that should blend everything back in alright! And we wonder why the American economy and worker is being chastized! HMMMMM!#[email protected] :confused:

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to try and find some quality chrome plater and have two sets re-chromed with a quality plate job!

Now, lets see how hard it will be to find a quality plater that responds! Anybody on the Forum???

·
Ironbutt
7,412 Posts
That sucks...i'd be pissed too. Sounds like they have some quality control issues, which is too bad because they do make some good pipes, performance wise. I would take names of the people you talk to and try going up the chain. Sooner or later you should get someone that will make things right...like give you a 10% discount on another set of scuffed pipes :) I've ordered pipes from them in the past as well and they were not perfect either, but the imperfections were so minor that i didn't make a fuss. Their prices are fairly cheap so i guess the old saying "get what you pay for applies."

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MegaGlide said:
Did you call Cycle Shack directly?
That sounds like bullsh!t. I'd be pi$$ed...
Yep!

I am having a bad day with vendors!
Got off the phone with Chrome Masters, I think they have gotten too big for their britches too based on Orange County Choppers!

Won't chrome only two pieces or inexpensive mufflers! Not worth the effort!

Dammnnnn............We have no platers on the forum?

·
Banned
871 Posts
That sucks! What customer service? It doesn't sound like they have any QA department at all. Maybe the guy was on vacation. :D

The Cycle Shack slip-ons are great mufflers for a street bike (at least for a 2-2 system). They don't usually have that problem. Sounds like you got a bad batch. I'd call again and see if they can straighten it out. Ask to talk with their supervisor. If they don't want to work with you, then I'd advise them that you will be reporting them to the BBB, FTC, and the local Attorney General's office. Whenever I have trouble getting a purchase straightened out due to a mistake at their end, I tell them this and you'd be amazed how fast they change their tune! :D I even got a free 3 year subscription of Norton Antivirus updates when they argued about my account expiration date (they were wrong).

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
@gree: with Mega.If you did problems pretty much over...in your favor.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FlaFatBoy said:
@gree: with Mega.If you did problems pretty much over...in your favor.

Yes I did, however a kind soul on this site has once again PM'd me and come to the rescue! For all the complaining some folks do about the forum, there sure are some GREAT folks here!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts