V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a price of $9800.00 for a 2003 black 1200 Sportster Custom. That is before tax and tags. It is about $400.00 above retail. Is that a good price to pay or should I try to swendle the mark up on the price?

·
Registered
626 Posts
i got priced 9485.17 for a standard 03 black sporty. so no foward controls, it had the buckhorn bars, ugly seat.....

so u figure maybe 1200 more with tax and tags, right?

11,000, im not too sure. if your looking for a sporty sure. if not maybe a softail. i dont think they're too much more.

good luck and welcome to the boards!

·
Registered
414 Posts
Make 'em sell at retail! How much are they gunna hit you on frt. & setup? Awh crap, make them throw that in, too.
Tell them there are other dealers willing to sell.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I personally would shop around, but that's also because I already have a bike and could afford to in terms of time.
With that said, I don't think that price is too terribly bad, at least not for my area. Of course, if you're in a cold climate and are wanting to buy in December, I'd think you could do waaay better on the price. When I've been in New York state at Christmas time, most of the dealers I've seen have been selling below MSRP just to move some stock.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
It all depends on what that number includes. You really can't get around freight and any charges for options such as security system. Go to the harley website, get a total including freight and any options and then try to pay almost nothing over that except tax and title. Most dealers will try to add at least a few hundred for set-up and you can try to get some of that back by getting them to extend the warranty or a few of the first maintenances. I am told that you have a little better chance of getting a deal even below MSRP on a Sporty.

I know some do, but i would never pay a penny more than i described above.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts