V-Twin Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,145 Posts
I've had straight pipes on my bike for 22 years and have grown tired of the noise. So, I decided to go with SuperTrapps with diffusers so I could dial in the sound to my liking and making it much quieter. I'd be willing to give up a few horses and torque for a quieter sound level. But Noooo......, can't get a set sent to me in Calif. due to their other stupid laws. Damned if I do & damned if I don't. Calif. is so far gone it's never coming back and it's only going to get worse. Soon we'll be saying these were the good 'ol days. SMH
Have it shipped to someone in a neighboring state then pick it up, or then have it UPS'd.

·
Registered
1986 FXRSC #3/1250 Original Owner
418 Posts
The last time I was in Jersey, you couldn't even pump your own gas,,, has that changed.
NO! And I hope it never does! The whole your going to save money thing comes up all the time but you won't save money you will just pay more if you don't pump it yourself so the elderly and others will pay more.
Also there are thousands of jobs that will be lost.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
NO! And I hope it never does! The whole your going to save money thing comes up all the time but you won't save money you will just pay more if you don't pump it yourself so the elderly and others will pay more.
them were are thousands of jobs that will be lost.
So why not a full/self service option,, funny people complain about government interference but are ok with this. I think this is the only state that requires this. You won't save money because the station won't drop the cost, prolly because the state government would just raise the taxes.

·
Banned
619 Posts
So why not a full/self service option,, funny people complain about government interference but are ok with this. I think this is the only state that requires this. You won't save money because the station won't drop the cost, prolly because the state government would just raise the taxes.
They just don't know any better. Also I am sure someone told him grandma would die if his own gas.

I just can't imagine leaving under the thumb of government to that degree.

Sad.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Have it shipped to someone in a neighboring state then pick it up, or then have it UPS'd.
Is it federal prison for crossing state lines? Good idea to yse UPS and not USPS to reduce one of the charges
Yep, I'm thinking of doing just that. I'm about 120 miles from the state line. It just pisses me off to no end. I'd say it's a first world problem, but the way things are going it's becoming more like a third world problem.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,716 Posts
Isn't it better when someone is a little creative?
All of your posts are quite "creative".

So, tell us, where is this civilized place you live that has no government?

·
Registered
418 Posts
Thats what NY State has and they charge something like 30 cents a gallon more for full service. So I'll keep the jobs and no self serve.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gotta agree with rounderz again.... nobody is looking to be a waitress or gas station attendant of any type. These jobs are looked down on as "low level".. people are trying to leave them. Then everybody just gets P.o.ed when they live in a state that's full service, for lack of help, but the fact of the matter is nobody wants the job.. should they get paid as much as a union metal worker before people get their gas??? Honestly, maybe they get paid great money and I'd gladly give them 30 cents a gallon more to, fill er up! Fact is, you could be a gas station attendant or waitress or any low level job in the service industry in the 40's and still retire on it. Nowadays we've passed these jobs down to kids in high-school, single mothers and dead beats. All three of which have found that, it is now more lucrative to stay at home and write poetry. I respect the hell of of anybody trying to work anymore.. It sincerely must not be easy to get going at 5am and get the gas station up and going, but let's be honest, we've all had crap jobs. We've all found a way to buy that V twin. There's easier options for people not wanting to work....

·
Super Moderator
22,598 Posts
Gotta agree with rounderz again.... nobody is looking to be a waitress or gas station attendant of any type. These jobs are looked down on as "low level".. people are trying to leave them. Then everybody just gets P.o.ed when they live in a state that's full service, for lack of help, but the fact of the matter is nobody wants the job.. should they get paid as much as a union metal worker before people get their gas??? Honestly, maybe they get paid great money and I'd gladly give them 30 cents a gallon more to, fill er up! Fact is, you could be a gas station attendant or waitress or any low level job in the service industry in the 40's and still retire on it. Nowadays we've passed these jobs down to kids in high-school, single mothers and dead beats. All three of which have found that, it is now more lucrative to stay at home and write poetry. I respect the hell of of anybody trying to work anymore.. It sincerely must not be easy to get going at 5am and get the gas station up and going, but let's be honest, we've all had crap jobs. We've all found a way to buy that V twin. There's easier options for people not wanting to work....
Hey, all of these undocumented guests need work too. And they get a green card while their case is being decided.

·
Registered
100 Posts
In the Midwest, a non nonexistent work force has made many conservatives question their logic on illegal immigrants. To obtain temporary help from outside the county, you have to show proof that you've tried hiring from within the country. Then, you have to put these individuals up and feed them. This would wind up being fairly lucrative if you lived here. Nobody can complain that there's no jobs available.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well it’s not a job to make a career out of but for high school kids or someone needing a second job that is not an 8 hour shift it is okay. I did it in high school probably the most fun I had at any job except for the one I have now before all the rules came into effect. The shananagins that went on! Lmao

·
Registered
2004 FLSTCI, 1993 FXDL
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
It also helps to create a work ethic. We raised 3 boys and one girl. We helped them all get a car when they came of driving age but the requirement was they had a job. So, after school, or weekends they all found jobs in Fast Food. Plus the other requirement was to keep their grades up. Now screw ups would get their car "impounded" for a while. But they all still had to get to work. One boy got his car taken away for a while and he was reminded he still had a bicycle. 5 miles to work is a lesson learned. He just retired from the Air Force.

61 - 80 of 82 Posts