V-Twin Forum banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
My son and I have thought about Australia, he was there briefly about 10 years ago, but haven't they disallowed gun ownership? Isn't the government starting to getting liberal also,, althou there maybe be more places to go un-noticed. I'd also heard it was hard to immigrate there.
No problems for Guns justa test for a license then produse it at gun shop and happy days. Plenty of work hear too.

·
Banned
619 Posts
The noise meters are going to be like the gas powerd gardening ban...no one cares...no one is going to bother to narc on their neighbor and the cops will not bother to get out their ticket book and just laugh at it...just a passing fad that will die out like other democrat proposed regulations....that should all dissapear come november
I don't know if it is a fad. With quieter vehicles, I think it will increase. Not like everyone riding around with glass packs these days. People are getting used to quite.

Why would someone want to be woke up, ect?

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
In California, my guess it will be used to find who is still using gas powered tools, and vehicles so the environmentalist can complain until something is done, since they want to lead the way to all electric.

·
Registered
2004 FLSTCI, 1993 FXDL
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
The noise meters will be automatic and tested in a few choice cities yet to be announced. They will snap a photo and send you a fine via mail.

·
Banned
619 Posts
I
As far as a camera taking a photo of my license plate that will never happen to my vehicles. Go to a hot rod shop to buy a can of special spray paint to spray on the plates. The plate can be seen plain as day, but the camera gets a blurry picture. I've run many a yellow light haven't gotten a ticket yet.
You think something you can see with you eye, is not getting seen by the camera? Maybe with a flash a few inches away.

If you can see it the camera can.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Harley owners like Harleys, hot rod owners like hot rods the rest don't want to hear it. Even myself, I am not excited about when I am trying to sleep

I actually like how quite my 4 stroke sled is when riding by people house or at night.

You think people living next to bars like Harleys?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
....They will snap a photo and send you a fine via mail.
They worked all this out with the red light cameras. Still, sound isn't like light. How are they going to get the right vehicle out of a crowd? I guess some smart guy already has most of this problem worked out.

The way that works in NC is they send the ticket to the registered owner so it doesn't matter who is operating the vehicle. And they will put a hold on renewal of your registration until the ticket is cleared. At least it doesn't count as points against your license.

I got one when they first started. It was $50 and they caught me at a light I had been going through for over 10 years. They changed the timing so only 3 cars could get through before it went back to red. I was number 4. They stopped using the cameras for a while to work out some legalities and came back for good, but with a $100 fine.

....Go to a hot rod shop to buy a can of special spray paint to spray on the plates....
I haven't heard of the paint, but you see a lot of vehicles with those plastic lenses that cover the plates. I'm sure there is some law about placing anything over that plate that will obscure it. It depends on if someone is paying close attention and if you give the officer an attitude when you get pulled over for some reason.

Reactions: Brand'd

·
Registered
2004 FLSTCI, 1993 FXDL
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
They worked all this out with the red light cameras. Still, sound isn't like light. How are they going to get the right vehicle out of a crowd? I guess some smart guy already has most of this problem worked out.

The way that works in NC is they send the ticket to the registered owner so it doesn't matter who is operating the vehicle. And they will put a hold on renewal of your registration until the ticket is cleared. At least it doesn't count as points against your license.

I got one when they first started. It was $50 and they caught me at a light I had been going through for over 10 years. They changed the timing so only 3 cars could get through before it went back to red. I was number 4. They stopped using the cameras for a while to work out some legalities and came back for good, but with a $100 fine.

I haven't heard of the paint, but you see a lot of vehicles with those plastic lenses that cover the plates. I'm sure there is some law about placing anything over that plate that will obscure it. It depends on if someone is paying close attention and if you give the officer an attitude when you get pulled over for some reason.
Yeah those are illegal in California but it's a fixit ticket. They don't bother with a lot of that crap anymore unless you have a cop behind you and give him reason to run your plate and he can't read it. I agree with the intersection cameras, how are they going to verify it's you making the noise if it's got a lot of traffic? Obviously if it's just you and you are feeling froggy and get on it. Smile and salute the camera! We also have radar trailers placed along side the roads. They show you your speed and have the posted speed limit there with it. They also have a white light that flashes making you think you've had your photo taken. Then you watch your mail for the next month! LOL! That's been proven to be fake and just there to scare you. Something about it being a "violation of some right"! Everything in California is a violation of someone's rights so I don't see this DBA Reader going very far, at least in the beginning.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Wife got an hov lane ticket and then another separate one from another camera ferther down the hyway...no communication between cameras sytems and try to fight it or just get someone on the phone...good luck... was a total pissed off situation.....and good point who is the loudest...and most cars are quiet now...they will prob pickout the hot rods and think you have money.....cams prob used at intersections only also

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Perjury -
People are so stupid!
To convict someone in court you are allowed to face your witness.
They have no witness and robots dont count
People are allowing their freedom to be taken away one bit at a time, cause they are TOO stupid to read the Constitution.

·
Registered
2004 FLSTCI, 1993 FXDL
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Not surprised with the nut jobs running the show there. Get the hell out and come to Florida!!
Yeah. I flew into Miami once and when I stepped off the airplane onto the tarmac, (it was a long time ago) it felt like I got hit with a hot, wet, pillow. Snakes are taking over too from what I see. Which part?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Leaving politics completely out, I tend to agree with rounderz. Loud noise is subjective to those that enjoy hearing it. Anyone crying about noise enforcement should be subjected to live next to a 14 yr old with a ratted out camero and open headers (stock engine).. I'm still in my "loud pipe" days but always try to be respectful about it. You can control it with your wrist, yaknow.. My family and I stayed in a crap motel in downtown st Louis one night. From 00 to 3.00 this smug come biscuit was rapping his Harley up and down the road... my wife and infant daughter LOVED it!...

you just can't have nice things...

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
I've had straight pipes on my bike for 22 years and have grown tired of the noise. So, I decided to go with SuperTrapps with diffusers so I could dial in the sound to my liking and making it much quieter. I'd be willing to give up a few horses and torque for a quieter sound level. But Noooo......, can't get a set sent to me in Calif. due to their other stupid laws. Damned if I do & damned if I don't. Calif. is so far gone it's never coming back and it's only going to get worse. Soon we'll be saying these were the good 'ol days. SMH

41 - 60 of 82 Posts