V-Twin Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
There has not been bike inspections in NJ for a long time now. Cars they check to see if it has any codes in the computer and check the gas cap for psi and nothing else.
So NJ is a freer state than TX. TX inspects vehicles. Not sure if whole state. They just don't know any better they grew up with big government. Hell it wasn;t long ago they finally got concealed carry. Most states had that in orginal constituion.

And then there is Jerry.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Australia is great
My son and I have thought about Australia, he was there briefly about 10 years ago, but haven't they disallowed gun ownership? Isn't the government starting to getting liberal also,, althou there maybe be more places to go un-noticed. I'd also heard it was hard to immigrate there.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
So NJ is a freer state than TX. TX inspects vehicles. Not sure if whole state. They just don't know any better they grew up with big government. Hell it wasn;t long ago they finally got concealed carry. Most states had that in orginal constituion.

And then there is Jerry.
The last time I was in Jersey, you couldn't even pump your own gas,,, has that changed.

·
Make me use my bullet?
13,683 Posts

·
Banned
619 Posts
Australia is great
Except the gun thing.
NJ a more free state than TX :ROFLMAO: takes more than a safety inspection on vehicles to determine that, motorcycles are exempt from emissions testing in TX that is what gets ya
People in TX don't even know any better. It is because they don't leave TX. Look at the **** how power grid cause they were going to show how indpendant they were.
Vehicle inspection is another big government thing they do.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Boy,, that's a hoot,, I remember back around 05 there was a big snow storm in NJ. The company I drove for sent all of the drivers from MD up to NJ because the NJ union said their drivers couldn't drive in the snow. I also remember many Californians moving to Texas for the cheap energy, was Texas prepared for a 100 years snow storm ,, no, but how prepared are northern solar panels.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Boy,, that's a hoot,, I remember back around 05 there was a big snow storm in NJ. The company I drove for sent all of the drivers from MD up to NJ because the NJ union said their drivers couldn't drive in the snow. I also remember many Californians moving to Texas for the cheap energy, was Texas prepared for a 100 years snow storm ,, no, but how prepared are northern solar panels.
But it really wasn't a 100 year snow storm

·
Super Moderator
22,401 Posts
The last time I was in Jersey, you couldn't even pump your own gas,,, has that changed.
That's not always a bad thing. One of the things people say during the winter around here is "Its so cold, I drove to Jersy to buy gas, just so I didn't have to get out of the car."

And it provides a lot of jobs for people who would be getting a draw check in most states.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
I think providing jobs is the biggest reason for the yearly auto inspections in Virginia. Lots of little mom-and-pop shops . 20 a year and the car gets 10-minute once over. Basically just check tires, lights, exhaust, and Brake operation. 12 for motorcycles. Some of the cars around here are old but there was also some true crap on the road when I lived in Maryland. And in Maryland you may not have safety inspection but you still had emissions test done by the state.

·
Super Moderator
22,401 Posts
I think providing jobs is the biggest reason for the yearly auto inspections in Virginia. Lots of little mom-and-pop shops . 20 a year and the car gets 10-minute once over. Basically just check tires, lights, exhaust, and Brake operation. 12 for motorcycles. Some of the cars around here are old but there was also some true crap on the road when I lived in Maryland. And in Maryland you may not have safety inspection but you still had emissions test done by the state.
That and to see who is cheating on the personal property tax.

·
Registered
2004 FLSTCI, 1993 FXDL
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
If you are raised that way you don't know any better I don't need big government. Live out in the county no amenities.
I lived off grid for a year. Waay out in the Tahoe National Forest. Once a week I'd run to town for necessary items. Food, fuel for the Generator, etc. Part of it was good, part of it was bad. Dealt with a bear about weekly. Definitely nicer not dealing with people. Talked to the dog a lot, wore a .45 on my hip all the time. Just couldn't do it forever though.

·
Registered
12,629 Posts
In NC they don't do a 10 minute inspection in fact I don't even have to have the vehicle with me, but I do have to pay 13.65. In SC there is no state inspection so they add the inspection fee to the registration fee. Gotta get that money.
As far as a camera taking a photo of my license plate that will never happen to my vehicles. Go to a hot rod shop to buy a can of special spray paint to spray on the plates. The plate can be seen plain as day, but the camera gets a blurry picture. I've run many a yellow light haven't gotten a ticket yet.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
The noise meters are going to be like the gas powerd gardening ban...no one cares...no one is going to bother to narc on their neighbor and the cops will not bother to get out their ticket book and just laugh at it...just a passing fad that will die out like other democrat proposed regulations....that should all dissapear come november

21 - 40 of 82 Posts