V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news: I heard the new Eagles tune "How Long" on the radio yesterday. Man, it sounds like it could be from their first album...pure west-coast country. I actually thought it was an old Eagles tune that I had somehow never heard before.

The good news (part deux): They'll be touring in support of the new album!

The bad news: They're touring with the Dixie Chicks.

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by Sinker
The good news: I heard the new Eagles tune "How Long" on the radio yesterday. Man, it sounds like it could be from their first album...pure west-coast country.
I love the Eagles tunes that cross over into country and other genres. One of my favorites is Seven Bridges Road (not sure what genre that would be, country maybe, I dunno). You've really got to be able to sing in harmony, largely a cappella, to pull that off. As for the Dixie Chicks, if you don't like 'em, don't listen to them or buy their records. Everybody has a right to their opinions. Would you also stop listening to the Eagles if they disagreed with your political point of view? And how do you know they don't? It's called freedom of speech, and you also have the freedom to say you reject their music as a result of their opinions.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know nothing about the Eagles political views, which is how I like it. I don't really care if they're liberal, conservative or communist, as long as they keep it to themselves and don't assume that just because I like their music that I'll agree with or hold their opinion in high regard.

The Dixie Chicks chose to make their politics part of their 'package.' Don't blame me, they made it an issue.

Similarly, eventhough I agree with a lot of what Ted Nugent and Toby Keith have to say I wouldn't pay to see them either.

I get my preaching at church, and my politics from CNN & FOX. All I need for entertainers to do is entertain me.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Saw the Eagles when hell freezes over tour. What a concert!!~!Awesome! 2 plus hours of them singing no fancy lights or stage effects just music, music, music.

I would go see them again but would skip the opening act the Dixie Chicklets.

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
-2$en#e- Never cared much for the Eagles droning, plodding, monotone sound. Never understood their attraction. . . . .

Lefty

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
YankeeBob said:
Phttttttt.......
:bleh: that was pretty good :D...I listen to their music but I'd never pay the $200+ to get a good seat at one of their concerts...

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Sinker said:
I know nothing about the Eagles political views, which is how I like it. I don't really care if they're liberal, conservative or communist, as long as they keep it to themselves and don't assume that just because I like their music that I'll agree with or hold their opinion in high regard.

The Dixie Chicks chose to make their politics part of their 'package.' Don't blame me, they made it an issue.

Similarly, eventhough I agree with a lot of what Ted Nugent and Toby Keith have to say I wouldn't pay to see them either.

I get my preaching at church, and my politics from CNN & FOX. All I need for entertainers to do is entertain me.

Exactly.....................

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Sinker said:
The bad news: They're touring with the Dixie Chicks.
That is bad news; I won't be able to see the Dixie Chicks because of the Eagles ticket price.
The Eagles having the Dixie Chicks for their opening act might say something about their political views.
It tells me they know talent when they see it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts