V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey-

Anybody know/use a good mechanic in or around Larkspur, CA (North Bay/Marin County)?

Would it be better to post in the General Forum?

Received my Metzeler's this week and need someone to mount and balance them. I would also like to drop the entire bike off just to have them give the entire bike a good once over because I just bought it a few weeks ago. It runs fine and I have had zero problems, but I would like someone who knows the bikes just to give it the 'ok'.

It's a '96 Road King with about 45k miles on her.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip, but are there any closer than an hour away?

Hayward is a bit of distance for me.
Jason

·
05 Deuce
263 Posts
A friend of mine swears by Vallejo HD. Right on the other side of the San Rafael bridge from you. He bought his bike there, and 10,000 miles later, had it punched out to 95". Gave him a good deal on parts and labor too. They have a dyno, so that at least says they're some what serious about providing full service, so to speak. I live just south of the city, so its a bit far for me.
BTW...just put Metzelers on my bike, big difference from stock Dunlops. Good Luck to ya and safe riding!
Mark

·
Registered
68 Posts
There is a guy who lives in Santa Rosa and advertises on Craigs List - Motorcycles, he says he is MMI and Harley factory trained and does tires for $40 as well as other things

1 - 7 of 7 Posts