V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!!!
No ride as yet but as soon as I can locate the one my sweetie wants or should I say thinks he wants? I say that because he has not been on a bike in over 25 years. We are looking at a 2002 FXDWG / 2-Tone Luxury Blue and Diamond Ice. I have read the differents threads here to get some idea if this is the ride for him. Our problem is his height and girth. He is 6 ft. 7 in. over 300 lbs. most of his height is upper body ( his inseam is a mere 33 in.) while I am only 5 ft and weigh in at 100 lbs very petite. We have been to the showrooms to try several on for size. The first thing we will have to modify will be the foot pegs for me. If they are left where they are I feel like a turkey pulleybone. You can imagine trying to strech my little short gams around him and reach the pegs!! Whoa!! :eek: you talk about uncomfortable. If you guys have any suggestions for seats or any other advice for us I would appreciate it.

I think the last HD my old Studmuffin was on was when he rode for the San Diego Police Dept. many moons ago. He works his butt off for me and I want him to have what he wants but don't want to lay down bucks for the wrong fit. It has been quite a few years since I have rode two up and God knows I am no spring chicken anymore but I can't wait to hit the road. :cool:

I have been lurking here on the board trying to learn a few things and I have been enjoying the Pics and the post. Thanks you guys!!!

Littlebit 870

PS: Check out the events threads. I will be posting a rally thats giving away a 2002 HD V-Rod at the end of April in Arkansas.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Welcome aboard littlebit. Sounds like your approaching the purchase the right way by going to the dealership and trying them on for size and comfort.

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Littlebit, I hope that your husband realizes what a good woman he has. If my wife offered to buy me a Harley I think that I'd have to marry her all over again. LOL. I guess I need you to talk to her in hopes that some of your great ideas will rub off. After you get your man a Harley, get him on this forum with ya...or before. I hope you both will have a good time on the bike and stick around here with us. Thanks for joining with us and post often.

Later,

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Welcome aboard, littlebit870!

Glad to have another lady in our ranks, enjoy the forum.

While your husbands & your size is unique, for lack of a better term, it shouldn't be a big deal.There are hundreds of seat, peg, & forward control combinations available.I'm sure you can find one that will fit your needs.I hope other members can be more specific for ya, good luck & keep us posted.

By the way, your OM is a lucky guy!
guido

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Can't go wrong with the FXDWG, I love mine. I'm not nearly the size of your OM though. Good Luck, I'm sure that he'll be very happy with whatever he ends up with.

Tony

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Belated Thanks

I just wanted you all to know that I appreciated the welcome. I was away a few days as my Mom was in intensive care...( she is doing fine and coming home in a few days)
My OM comes home everyday and asked me if I have found him his ride yet !!! He is so excited and planning trips everywhere. I hope to have him up and going by the end of June.

littlebit870:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts