V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far I have been satisfied there. I picked up my X listed for $8500, KBB listed it at $9175 plus $265 for the pipes, it also had a Forcewinder intake. My wifes Blast was $3000, $500 more then what the trade in got. I figure that $500 is reasonable considering that tags and title were included.

When I got the nail in my tire I called 3 dealerships (closer to me) to have it repaired. I called on a Wednesday afternoon, 1 said that it would be at the end of the month (30 days for a tire!), 1 said 3 weeks, and the other said 2 weeks. All said I could leave it there and they will try to get to it sooner (park my bike in perfect May weather for a month? I think not). I called up GGHD and they said first thing Friday morning (1 day later). I dropped it off when they opened, and I picked it up when I got off of work that afternoon. I have not received any poor attitude from them regarding either my age (I am 22) or what my ride is (sorry guys, HD riders are the only ones that give me attitude).

I intend to take it there from now on if I need service (I do my own work though if I can). And I will buy as many parts as I need from there too. A friend of mine who works in my office (who told me to go there in the first place) wife just got a job there, so he can deliver me some of the parts when I can't get over there.

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Glad they took care of you in a timely manner!

In case you didnt know, dealerships are almost always overbooked during the summer months. Every swinging richard is trying to get his bike in to get it serviced or get "goodies" installed.

Most stealerships will book the guy in thats gonna have the most labor dollar coming in the door. Those guys get in quickly.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Only 22 eh?

highrider said:
Well I think you haven't lived long enough in the biking community to have a defensive attitude yet.

Ride what you ride and be happy, we all know what you want and you will get it. perservier, plan, scheme, work 2 jobs maybe and you will get there sooner than you think.
I am not exactly sure what you mean by "deffensive attitude" or "ride what you ride and be happy". I enjoy what I ride, if I didn't, I wouldn't keep it. Been in the "biker" world very long? I don't think so. I don't consider myself to be a biker either. My father and friends maybe, but not be.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Misread

highrider said:
Musta misread ya, sorry
Now the question in my mind, do you say that because I am being a punk and don't feel like dealing with me, or because you mean that honestly?:confused: :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts