V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ArchAngel's cop story got me thinking about my first run-in with a cop when I was 15. I was on my second motorcycle a Honda CB350. I hadn't had it long. The license endorsment was kind of screwed up back then. It called for riding only a bike that was under 5 brake HP. I guess that was left over from the mo-ped or cushman days but there was not anything available close to that and I wouldn't have ridden it anyway.

One weekend I was to be spending the night at a friends house with my parents approval. Of course all of us 4 guys had told our folks the same thing but our intensions were to ride our bikes to the beach and hang out all night. None of us had a legal endorsment. We were on the way to the beach but stopped at a corner of a closed gas station. In that little town they rolled up the side walks at 9:00 and everything was closed. From out of nowhere came a cop that pulled up and asked for our license. He said that none of us were legal and we couldn't ride our bikes. We were 12 miles from our home town and we told him we would be glad to push them home....knowing full well that after we were out of sight that we were going to start them up and haul ass. LOL. But he wouldn't buy it and made us push them around the corner to the police station. When inside he said that we all were to call our parents. Joe was first and he had a cool dad and said he would bring his truck and load up the bikes. I thought i was in the clear but then the officer said.."Do you want to call them or do you want me to?" Oh ****! Well my dad answered and said "Where are ya?" I said "in Freeport". He said"Where in freeport?" (I think he already knew). LOL. I said "at the police station". Everything is kinda faint after that. But that was my first encounter with the cops. I was lucky that I didn't get a ticket and the cop was really pretty cool. I saw him a year later at a 7-11 and he remembered me. He said that if he had let us push our bikes he would have been waiting down the road for us. I didn't realize at the time that cops were so smart. LOL

Later,

·
Registered
684 Posts
I didn't realize at the time that cops were so smart. LOL
That's kind of like our parents, "The older WE get, the smarter THEY get"!

I had a similar "run in" with the law. I was probably 13 or so then. I was riding my Honda mini-bike in a field behind a bank. The cop didn't even bother asking for licence, he just told me to PUSH it home. I was too scared to do any different!:eek:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts