V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
6,600 hundred miles, asking 14,000 but the lady said she will take less. Get this, she bought it for her boyfriend and they broke up and now she is selling it. They bought it last year and rode it once. Some old timer bought it before them and couldn't ride it because of illness. I asked what kind of pipes it had on it and she said chrome!! Looked nice in the pictures. He's thinking about offering 12 grand. What do you guys think would be a good price?

·
Registered
529 Posts
12K might be a good starting point. Until you see it you don't know. It might be a total pig or it could be the deal of a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
I don't know, chrome pipes are worth at least $5K, might need to offer her $16 for it!:roflback:

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
BTW, I've got a buddy w/ an '05 for sale w/ even less miles for less than 2k more...
Be a bit of a drive, though...

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
Dave1200C said:
6,600 hundred miles, asking 14,000 but the lady said she will take less. Get this, she bought it for her boyfriend and they broke up and now she is selling it. They bought it last year and rode it once. Some old timer bought it before them and couldn't ride it because of illness. I asked what kind of pipes it had on it and she said chrome!! Looked nice in the pictures. He's thinking about offering 12 grand. What do you guys think would be a good price?
Carb or EFI? The 2001's had Magnetti Marelli EFI systems. HD switched to Delphi in 2002. Something to consider. $12K is a good deal. :yes:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wyodude said:
Carb or EFI? The 2001's had Magnetti Marelli EFI systems. HD switched to Delphi in 2002. Something to consider. $12K is a good deal. :yes:
12 grand is what he is going to offer unless it's cherry. Hard to tell by the picture.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
wyodude said:
My thoughts exactly. I'd much prefer the Delphi to MM. It might be worth paying an extra $1k to $2k for a Delphi bike.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Need to look at it and see how many extras it has. I agree 12k is probably good place to start haggling.

·
FNG
320 Posts
MegaGlide said:
BTW, I've got a buddy w/ an '05 for sale w/ even less miles for less than 2k more...
Be a bit of a drive, though...
budies dont let budies sell thier road kings =p :brows:

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Dave1200C said:
You didn't say if it was all stock or not. If all stock definitely 12 and more. But if it already has a decent Stage I and aftermarket seat (the more accessories the better) you should take that into consideration.:brows:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.