V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to the Capital City Bike show in Des Moines. Never been to one before. Should be fun.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
...take the camera and post a few pics....enjoy

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
All you need is at least 60 G's or so and you could just have someone toss 1 together like most of the non-bikers do. I have this prepy assholee at my work who did just that. NEVER road before, but his friends got bikes so he put up 72 and had some guy build him a show stopper. Lucky if it ever gets dirty. Poser mf's.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, just got back.
Place was totally packed and full of beer and smoke. Hell's Angels and 2 other biker gangs had booths set up. There were probably 30 custom bikes and the rest were dealers selling patches, leathers, and junk.

Rock band was setting up for a show this afternoon and evening. I don't know where everybody is going to stand for it. There was no room.

Talked to a guy who came from Sturgis who had a booth sewing patches on peoples vests and jackets. He was pretty cool.

Several West coast choppers were there through a local dealer.

But all in all not much better then a gunshow.

patsue

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
:D ..know what you mean, I just got back from a show here in IL that was not in a facility large enough. I mean the facility is, but the space for the show was small. Mostly dealers, few leather merchants and the regular small snake oil salesmen. I was rather disappointed, couldn't even get good pics because of all the traffic.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Bike show

Sometimes the best "show" is in the parking lot. I like to see what the regular guy does with his scoot. At least you know that they will crank and run down the highway.

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
Re: Bike show

da hawk said:
Sometimes the best "show" is in the parking lot. I like to see what the regular guy does with his scoot. At least you know that they will crank and run down the highway.

...good point! But until temps get above the 20 around here, ain't gonna be no parkin lot shows:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts