V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
~!Awesome!

1999 FLHRCI, 95", S&S 570's, SBC Vortec II heads.

Never done it before, not really racing I don't think, just want the time slips and the fun of doing it.

Don't really know how to go about it. I know I need a tach, although I have heard of something called shift lights or something like that.

Plan on running local strips and at Sturgis.

Any thoughts or directions I should look? TIA, Mark in Olympia, WA (the Great Northwet)

:yikes:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:coffee:

Thanks guys, I have heard that you don't need the kill switch or full face until a certain time here locally.

I too, am unable to hear my bike when I am next to another so will look for a tach, which I would think would be preferable to a shift light, although I will look into it more.

Really looking forward to this summer.

TIA, Mark

:2flips:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:thumbsup: Thanks to all for the information, lots to look at, think about and figure out how to do it.

I will look into that shifter for my USB PC and will probably get a tach for off the line. I will need to find one that will fit behind my windshield and windshield bag.

Lots to do, cold but clear here today. TTYS, Mark

:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.