V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
The OTHER White Meat.
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bloody hell, Mobil 1 20W-50 is next to impossible to find here.....not at Walmart or Auto Zone...even a mega-store Auto Zone.

Geez friggin' Louise....

·
Registered
453 Posts
The Wal-Mart near me has the Mobil V-twin 20W-50 in a separate section, it's with the other bike stuff, helmets, filters, and other bike accessories. Not with the automotive oils.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
69 Z-28 said:
The Wal-Mart near me has the Mobil V-twin 20W-50 in a separate section, it's with the other bike stuff, helmets, filters, and other bike accessories. Not with the automotive oils.
Holy chit...the closest thing to bike accessories they have here are the tassles, bells and baskets for bicycles

·
Registered
453 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Holy chit...the closest thing to bike accessories they have here are the tassles, bells and baskets for bicycles
Just happend to run accross it one day. Was very surprised. It's the Wal-Mart in Martinsville, Va. Would have thought your local one would have it too since you are in Va.

·
Banned
2,735 Posts
Duhast...try to get your closest Autozone to start stocking it. If Autozone in Hooterville (Pensacola) Florida has it then I know Orange County can get it. I've never seen it in Walmart where I have lived but will speak to them here by my home too to see if they will get some. At least you can go to the REAL Disneyland when you want to. Is that nightclub CRACKERS still there on Katella? Just curious...sorry for the tangent.

p.s. It was a chilly 83 degrees here today. :woohoo: It was pretty rough riding in just a t-shirt....in NOVEMBER. Come on down..you'll love it.

Semper Fi,
Steve....Pensacola
USMC 1972 - 2003

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
Trying to find the Mobil vtwin oil sounds almost like the complaints I have heard about Amsoil for the last 25 years. You might be able to order it on line from the Mobil website. I order Amsoil for many members on this forum and even after shipping is factored in it is lower than paying full retail at a local store. I doubt though that Mobil would put it on your doorstep cheaper than retail.

·
The OTHER White Meat.
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
fourstar said:
I'm just surprised they allow WalMarts in the OC.:D
You have no idea. The one on Harbor Blvd. in Santa Ana looks like a third world country inside. Yesterday I went to the new one in H.B., and none there either. No bike oil, no helmets, nuthin. Then went to Pep Boys. No 20-50, but...get this....2 (two) quarts of 15-50, and no more in stock.

I'm ready to go postal.......:badmood:

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
69 Z-28 said:
The Wally World near me has the Fram chrome oil filters too. Guess I'm lucky to have it nearby.
Its nice paying $5 for the same filter that HD charges 10.95 for.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
alaskan302 said:
Its nice paying $5 for the same filter that HD charges 10.95 for.
I am curious about the K&N filter. Do you know what it's ratings are? We know that a HD filter is 10 micron at nominal value and it's by-pass valve is somewhere in the 8 to 12 PSID range.

·
The OTHER White Meat.
1,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
George, it may come to that. The only things that keep me from using Amsoil are these: I wanted to choose something with wide availability. Apparently M1 does not fit that desire. I also wanted convience. I'm the kind of guy to do the work at the drop of a hat, not wanting to plan out an oil change, order, and wait for the shipment.

I know you have a good product.

·
Premium Member
2,242 Posts
duhast said:
George, it may come to that. The only things that keep me from using Amsoil are these: I wanted to choose something with wide availability. Apparently M1 does not fit that desire. I also wanted convience. I'm the kind of guy to do the work at the drop of a hat, not wanting to plan out an oil change, order, and wait for the shipment.

I know you have a good product.
With your life style I would say that calling or e-mailing me and having the oil placed right on your doorstep is pretty convenient besides the fact that you don't have to change the oil as often if you find yourself behind the 8 ball. I am buying more stuff on line now than ever before because of being so busy and not wanting to waste good ridding time shopping for oil. I let UPS do it for me.

·
Humpin One Leg at a Time
455 Posts
george douglas said:
I am curious about the K&N filter. Do you know what it's ratings are? We know that a HD filter is 10 micron at nominal value and it's by-pass valve is somewhere in the 8 to 12 PSID range.
Not a clue and the website is not informative at all. However, I have heard a rumor that their oil filters are made by champion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts