V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I bought a trike and rode around home and then went to the Smokies for a week. I have seen those roads off and on for 65 yrs. Yup I have seen those roads and sites since I was a baby. I got a map and found a few new to me roads. The Diamond Back would have been great on a FXR. Not so good for a trike, but it has a radio that only plays country or rap.

I am home now for a couple weeks and she sounds like a dead battery then cranked up. It is new AutoZone battery. I'm thinking it might be the starter button, but of course I was wrong. Take it to the Indy for a stator regulator kit. AND this is the first day of Myrtle Beach bike week which really lasts a month.

tarheel

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
So, why aren't you riding the Road King?
No questions for the forum, just take it to the shop?
What's gotten into you? You used to be a cheap azz like me....

Sent from my coal burning bag phone using Tapatalk

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts
Out of curiosity- why is this in R&P?

joe

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, why aren't you riding the Road King?
No questions for the forum, just take it to the shop?
What's gotten into you? You used to be a cheap azz like me....

The king is still here, but the doc told me to stay off 2 wheels for months to come. He didn't mention 3 wheels. Most probably I will have another softy when he releases me.

tarheel

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,350 Posts

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wasn't asking for diagnostic help for the electrics on a metric trike. Their are other forums for those bikes.

What I was wondering if God ,karma, blind luck or what is looking over my shoulder. The other day I was in the left lane of a 2 lane left at the light. The green arrow showed and I stalled. The car to my right pulled out to go left and a Silverado ran the red and t boned him. I would have been road pizza.

tarheel

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Cap, if you didn't go to church this morning, well you should have.
Glad to hear you dodged that bullet....

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
That's a close call. Glad to hear you didn't get hit. Not a church guy myself. My policy on religion = if you happen to find Jesus be sure to put him back where you found him.....

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I watched 'the Life of Brian" again the other day.
Hadn't seen it in years but it's still funny as heck.
I bet Jesus has a great sense of humor.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Ok so I bought a trike and rode around home and then went to the Smokies for a week.

tarheel
Took me a good 2,500 miles to get used to my Trike's handling after riding 2 wheels for 40 years. Once I got comfortable with the feedback, body position and push/pull on the handlebars I can cut curves really well at almost the same speed as 2 wheels.

There are of course curves that are pitched differently and those that tighten up as you go around them that I am still learning about. Probably go down to Skyline Drive or the Dragon and practice more. -Cool

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
Hell I've have so many close calls anymore I don't even bother to tell anyone anymore.

It's that thing, you know when it happens, I'm going thru that stage now where my conversations are ignored from the family, I think that's a OLD man thing?

Hey Pop how was your day? Me: well not to bad, I still need to stack that firewood and-----well thats nice of ya pop. and walk away they do. Wife ask what is this movie about that I'm watching and as I explained she turns and ask the daughter about girl stuff, I'm sitting there talking to the wind, at least the dog still talks to me and most time he tells me to just shut up old man.

But, I still can pitch a B!tch, I've learned to save those lol

Cap, I'm glad to hear your getting out and still have choices on what scoot to take, But I agree with Norm, spending money?

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hell I've have so many close calls anymore I don't even bother to tell anyone anymore.

It's that thing, you know when it happens, I'm going thru that stage now where my conversations are ignored from the family, I think that's a OLD man thing?

Hey Pop how was your day? Me: well not to bad, I still need to stack that firewood and-----well thats nice of ya pop. and walk away they do. Wife ask what is this movie about that I'm watching and as I explained she turns and ask the daughter about girl stuff, I'm sitting there talking to the wind, at least the dog still talks to me and most time he tells me to just shut up old man.

But, I still can pitch a B!tch, I've learned to save those lol

Cap, I'm glad to hear your getting out and still have choices on what scoot to take, But I agree with Norm, spending money?
My children will divy up the property when the time comes. My wife and I will spend the money. I have been conservative in my spending for so long that I can't bring myself to buy a new truck, car, boat or bike. Still there are nice buys out there from someone who lovingly took care of their vehicle. Just as well, because I am usually the terminal owner.

tarheel

·
Registered
3,114 Posts
My children will divy up the property when the time comes. My wife and I will spend the money. I have been conservative in my spending for so long that I can't bring myself to buy a new truck, car, boat or bike. Still there are nice buys out there from someone who lovingly took care of their vehicle. Just as well, because I am usually the terminal owner.

tarheel
Yea, 2000 to 2007 was my best years of keeping the dollars in the pockets.

But now, I have so much crap that needs fixed around the house, inside the house, that when I build up extra money it's already planned and gone.

Makes it look like I spend freely when actually I'm "cheereo's in finally's" that something is finally getting fixed.:wootdnc:

Do my best to stay out of our so called life savings which I still argue it's not gonna save our lives??? Should call it "Oh Fck savings"

My daughter I have noticed the more she saves the more she gets tight with the money, she's quit Salon's hair do's for $125 and purchases the 8 dollar box of hair dye's from Wally world. :laugh:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts