V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just ordered a 98 inch power pack 3 Kit from GMR :thumbsup:
I can't wait to get it together. I will post the dyno sheet as soon as I get it done.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
You guys from Mi getting ready for bow season?? It is just around the corner. OCT 1st , our late season is coming up fast. Had my eye on a nice mule deer for a few weeks now.

Working on you order today Tim.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Divertim

:hmmm: just curious... what is in a power pack 3. I thought GMR only put together a power pack 1 or a power pack 2.

The power pack 2 is what I put in my bagger (2005 Road Glide). It definately rocks. I'll admit, I had to fiddle with the DTT timing profile to get it to run like it should, but dayammmm, its got big power, the plugs look great and so do the inside of the exhaust pipes.

If you haven't already, you may consider adding in a high volume oil pump, a set of GMR's bullet proof roller lifters, and a heavy duty clutch spring, to complete the package. Also, depending on what exhaust system you are running, it may require modification or replacement since you will now be officially running an all out fire breather. =devil=
Good luck!

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
We are working on the site now. We are re building the entire site in the background with the new packages. A power pack III is 98 kit high compression, with a set of R&R cast heads, S&S roller rockers, and larger t/b with a 1.800 intake manifold, 615 cam, gears, push rods , covers, and gasket kit...etc. Working on have the new site up in a few weeks. Along with a new fornt page picture. We have sold the Deuce so we will use the new bobber we built with Michele as the home page. The site will have vid clips in the tech section on setting push rods, checking squish, intake fitment, head tq'ing , rocker box clearancing, as well as a few other nice tech items.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HDWRENCH said:
You guys from Mi getting ready for bow season?? It is just around the corner. OCT 1st , our late season is coming up fast. Had my eye on a nice mule deer for a few weeks now.

I can't wait to get it!!!!! I will start tearing my bike down next week

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Steve, do you think my stock oil pump would be ok or would need a high volume oil pump?

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
HDWRENCH said:

well, get out there and put a stick in him!! i will take the backstrap, be sure and package well to avoid damage by ups!!

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here a update on my bike. I have it tore down sent the heads and cylinders to Steve. Now I can hardly wait for my kit to arrive.

Attachments

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Are you still going with the R&R cast heads?

·
Registered
474 Posts
remember if you are going to run the R&R cast heads, you will have some "issues" with the air cleaner fittment, mickey mouse backer plates will not work, and the breather holes are EVO size bolts

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh1deuce said:
Are you still going with the R&R cast heads?
Yes I am going with the R&R cast heads

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rdubu said:
remember if you are going to run the R&R cast heads, you will have some "issues" with the air cleaner fittment, mickey mouse backer plates will not work, and the breather holes are EVO size bolts
I got a new air cleaner backing plate from Steve so I am all set.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Which rockers are you going with?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Divertim said:
Well I just ordered a 98 inch power pack 3 Kit from GMR :thumbsup:
I can't wait to get it together. I will post the dyno sheet as soon as I get it done.
I may have to stop by and check out the kit!!!
Jason

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
oh1deuce said:
Which rockers are you going with?
S&S roller rockers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts