V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Fastest Chkn N the South!
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by saying that I have no idea what gear this was done in. According to the graph they sent me it is a Dynojet with STD correction of 1.03 and a smoothing factor of 5. Before and after numbers were done on the same dyno. The run conditions were 85.06 degrees, 29.73 in-Hg, and a humidity of 34%.

The setup is a GMR 98" with stock cylinders, 525 cam, GMR CNC heads, 9.7:1 CR, CV44 carb, Hooker Troublemaker exhaust with stock baffles, a Daytona Twin Tech ignition, and a Hi-Five Kuryakyn air cleaner.

112 HP and 111.5 TQ :thumbsup:
The before numbers (SE filter and SE slipons) were 70.6 and 81.6.

It's showing 100 lbs TQ from just shy of 2500 RPM until just over 5800 RPM. The HP crosses 100 at about 4700, makes 112 at 5750, and is still at 110 when the dyno operator let out of it at about 6150.

Can't wait to ride it! (I'm out of town right now.)

Thanks to Steve for putting together a great package and for getting the replacement parts out so quickly after UPS lost half the stuff on the first go 'round.

Attachments

·
IronButt
386 Posts
That's great!! I just dropped mine of a few hours ago to get a custom map and Dynoed. I hope I get those same numbers.

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
Sounds good, Now just think what a great exhaust can do for you:hmmm:

Looking to get a dyno sheet for that kit. I am wondering though how many miles did you get on that kit before the full dyno tune??

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Miles? I have no idea. I was out of town and did not ride the bike before the dyno. I know they did a "break-in" on the dyno which I paid extra to have done. They said that the engine would pretty much be broken in when I picked it up and would have the first oil change behind it. I've put about 100 miles on it since I picked it up at last night. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple of ponies extra after a thousand miles.

Steve, I wonder if these Hooker Troublemakers aren't a little better pipe than what you might think? They have a three stage step and are designed specifically for 96"+ engines. Kinda hard to argue with 112 HP with such a mild setup. :yes: It sure doesn't seem to be lacking in power down low which is where a dual setup should be weak. I believe the design of these pipes to be far superior to the Big Radius pipes despite the similar appearance.

When I can peel my ass off of this thing for more than a few minutes I'll give a full write-up of my driving impressions....I'll just say this, I am WAAAAAAAAY more than just satisified not just with the power but especially the drivability of this combo. I didn't expect it to have BETTER street manners than stock...but it does. Amazing!

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll email you the dyno sheet.

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added the before numbers and more dyno info to my first post.

I picked up over 41 HP and 30 TQ! I would have been happy just to break 100/100.

·
I paid.........did you??
2,301 Posts
So where's the sheet? I'm sure we would all like to see it, numbers really don't do crap for me.

Steve

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
over 100tq from 2500 to 5800 with a peak of 112 tq should give you a good idea what the graph is going to look like.....nice LOL.

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
MaineUltraClassic said:
So where's the sheet? I'm sure we would all like to see it, numbers really don't do crap for me.

Steve
I just emailed the sheet to Steve @ GMR. How about posting that sheet here for us, Steve? :thanks:

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Colonel Sanders said:
Let me preface this by saying that I have no idea what gear this was done in. According to the graph they sent me it is a Dynojet with STD correction of 1.03 and a smoothing factor of 5. Before and after numbers were done on the same dyno. The run conditions were 85.06 degrees, 29.73 in-Hg, and a humidity of 34%.

The setup is a GMR 98" with stock cylinders, 525 cam, GMR CNC heads, 9.7:1 CR, CV44 carb, Hooker Troublemaker exhaust with stock baffles, a Daytona Twin Tech ignition, and a Hi-Five Kuryakyn air cleaner.

112 HP and 111.5 TQ :thumbsup:
The before numbers (SE filter and SE slipons) were 70.6 and 81.6.

It's showing 100 lbs TQ from just shy of 2500 RPM until just over 5800 RPM. The HP crosses 100 at about 4700, makes 112 at 5750, and is still at 110 when the dyno operator let out of it at about 6150.

Can't wait to ride it! (I'm out of town right now.)

Thanks to Steve for putting together a great package and for getting the replacement parts out so quickly after UPS lost half the stuff on the first go 'round.
That's HUGE numbers for that cam, carb, and dual pipes.

What heads do you have?

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh1deuce, (btw, mine is an 01 Deuce too) I have the standard GMR CNC heads...the $850 ones.

·
Let er rip!
2,876 Posts
Cool! I'm pretty sure they must be the R&R Stage 3 cnc heads. That explains the big numbers, and maybe a 5th gear dyno like you said. At first glance on the numbers, I assumed it was EFI with a 2:1.

Which rockers do you have?

·
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't know what "stage" R&R heads these are. I just know they're the ones that Steve puts with this combo.

Yeah, this is the R&R 525 cam. The specs are...

.525/.525
20/38
48/16
238/244

I tried to email the sheet to Steve for him to post and I just figured out that it got bounced back to me for some strange reason. Guess I have a reason to become a premium member now. I'll keep working on it.

I'll find out for sure tomorrow but I'd guess these were 5th gear pulls (that would make sense to me since 5th is 1:1. Why you would dyno in any other gear I have no idea.) I understand fully that dynos can very so I tend to place alot more emphasis on the before v/s after than what the actual numbers are. In this case we picked up over 41/30 and made a heckuvalot more power at all RPMs.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts