V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been a 45 ACP nut for years, but I just got my first glock (21). What is the best ammo to feed it.....In the colt/springF/singer (yea, singer!) I feed'em reload from Advanced bullets (Villa Rica GA). But I seem to pick up on a special diet for the glock?

Hoglou
06 Ultra

·
FOG
6,970 Posts
hoglou said:
I have been a 45 ACP nut for years, but I just got my first glock (21). What is the best ammo to feed it.....In the colt/springF/singer (yea, singer!) I feed'em reload from Advanced bullets (Villa Rica GA). But I seem to pick up on a special diet for the glock?

Hoglou
06 Ultra
There have been a number of Ka-Booms reported with Glocks, nearly all using reloads. I've always been a big fan of Speer Gold Dots in all calibers, followed by Remington Golden Sabers. I also really like Cor-bon ammo, but it isn't available everywhere. http://www.corbon.com/

T113

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
I don't own a glock, but I'm partial to Federal Hydra-Shok ammo.

I use it in my 9mm, 10mm, .357 mag, .44 mag and .45 acp :cool:

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
The Ka-booms were related to shooting lead ball ammo in the Glock. Fouls the barrel, builds up pressure, unsupported area of casing goes Ka-boom.
Use 230gr FMJ for target, its cheaper, and find a 185-230gr JHP you like for self defence. Previouse suggestions are all good ones. I like Win Silver Tips.

·
Still in one piece
269 Posts
I was a firearms instructor for several years and the only glock I saw come apart was a 9mm. The guy was shooting reloads and got a hot one. You could hear the difference when it went off. I don't remember if he was shooting his own or bought ammo, but I do know it wasn't our reloads. If you are going to shoot reloads get good ones. We used to shoot as much as 400 rounds a session but they were good reloads and guns got cleaned at the end of class.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts