V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Y'all!
Ol Rob here, from way down in South Ga. Yea I got a real big smile on my face right now, cause i finally got me a Harley.
I went like this. I was into drag racing, but got out. I looked at buying a bike then, but decided on a truck instead. Bike bug didn't go away so I bought a honda 650l street/dirt bike. Cheap and fun, but not a road bike by far. So here comes a cheap older street bike to go with it. Liked the street bike so much I sold them both to get a 2001 Suzuki VS1400 intruder. I thought, just as good as a harley, right? It was a great bike, but after attending a bike rally with friends in Bainbridge, Ga we decided to go for the Gold! So I got me the Deuce, 2001! Sweet bike, still getting used to it, and looking foward to every mile down the road. Hope to learn alot here and make some friends as well.
Ride safe and often- Rob

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Newbies & Old Timers

Rob, the H/D Forum has a broad spetrum of members. Some of hard ridin' old timers and others are new or just back to motorcycling. The sharing of experiences in useful for us all.

Welcome to the H/D Forum. :)

·
Registered
544 Posts
Yes the Duce, has seduced many to join the force. Welcome Ol Rob, time has made you wiser Ol one. Enjoy your Duce, as I am sure you will and by chance will you be attending Biketoberfest, since you are lucky enough to have it right down the road from you in FL?

Again welcome to the board, look forward to reading your posts. And what did you Drag race?

Thanks,

Dave

·
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
V-rod; Sorry to say I will not get to go to biketoberfest this year. I will be at Bike week in Feb. though. I am out of vacation time this year! I was just in Daytona last saturday to pick up my bike. The place is getting ready as we speak. I hate to miss this, but there will be more. I had a street legal drag car. It was a 1969 camaro. It ran 6.60's in the 1/8 at 106mph, all motor no NOS. It was 3200lbs and completely legal, but not drivable on the street. I am in Tifton, Ga. Right on I-75 just 60 miles from the fla state line, give me a shout if you are passing through going to biketoberfest. Later-Rob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts