V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2000 Lightning for myself and a Blast for my wife. I am new to street bikes, and have always wanted a Harley (runs in the family). My wife has never riden a bike before now. So far we love them both.

Since I already own them, and have no intention of getting rid of them (not for a while at least), what should I watch for? I would like to keep these bikes out of the shop as much as possible. Why waste the money on unneccesary parts instead of gas?:D I would like any info I can get on these bikes.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got this picture before she laid it down, twice. Steep learning curve:D

My wallet is going to kick her ass!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not if you add the weight of the bike!

Sorry, but the X is a little heavier:D

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You might have a collectors item there, as they have all been reportedly discontinued for 03, with the possible exception of the Blast.

From what I have heard their issues are quite different from Harley issues, but there are a number of webgroups of people that love them and are very familiar with all the recall issues on them. They might be able to give you better technical information then we can.
One of the guys on the board, Buellbomb, has a lot of time on these bikes, but he must be out riding his new VRod.

Personally I would like to have one of the new Firebolt's to play around with for a while.

·
Registered
117 Posts
For 2003 Buell discotinued all the steel framed bikes.The Firebolt has replaced them.Rumor has it to expect more models with the new aluminum frame.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That can mean two things:

1. Expect great things in the future.
2. Expect the first few years to have bugs to work out:D

I plan was to get a Firebolt, but I found out that they haven't come out yet, and that there was a waiting list. I am way to impatient for that. I love that X, so I won't complain.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crash said:
That can mean two things:

1. Expect great things in the future.
2. Expect the first few years to have bugs to work out:D

I plan was to get a Firebolt, but I found out that they haven't come out yet, and that there was a waiting list. I am way to impatient for that. I love that X, so I won't complain.
Oops, I forgot to log her out and me in:rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts