V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just saw Giuliani speaking to a group in New Hampshire. I think he's our man. He's very focused on fiscal issues, and giving good common sense anwers to why keeping taxes low (and lower!!) is the way to go vs. the Dems and all their tax increases. He spelled it out, very articulate, and made compelling arguments with great confidence. That's what we need guys.

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
I trust that the Republican party will not give up their historic values, however if I'm wrong and Rudy wins the nomination, then it will be time for me to reacess my party affiliation.

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
a bit late at that point

DJW said:
I trust that the Republican party will not give up their historic values, however if I'm wrong and Rudy wins the nomination, then it will be time for me to reacess my party affiliation.
DWJ if you support Rudy through the elcetion and he was to win it would be to late to change your vote after the fact.

I just can not find enough credibility in Rudy to support him. I know he did some good things in NYC. But the entire country is not NYC. Some how I can not see his experience with NYC as adequate to run a country. JMHO.

Not that the rest of the pack stands out any better.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
toybox99615 said:
DWJ if you support Rudy through the elcetion and he was to win it would be to late to change your vote after the fact.

I just can not find enough credibility in Rudy to support him. I know he did some good things in NYC. But the entire country is not NYC. Some how I can not see his experience with NYC as adequate to run a country. JMHO.

According to him, he has done great things. Some of those things that he is taking credit for had nothing to do with him. Many of the heads of the ciy's departments say differently. No one can please everyone, he has never run anything but a city. He is missing a broad point of American life, the country. If he had been a govenor of a state and had to deal with all the factions of a state, I would have more faith in him.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
The man is a Nazi who likes to cross dress and has the morals of a crack whore. Yeah, put him out there neocons! He's yer man!

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
He's just another talking head. Every single one of them are. Hey everyone, let's quit electing sh!theads to "govern" us, ok? How 'bout we put people from reality into office.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Many of our past presidents had mistresses and the "toughest lawman ever" J Edgar Hoover was reputed to be a cross dresser if not homosexual

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
route66paul said:
Many of our past presidents had mistresses and the "toughest lawman ever" J Edgar Hoover was reputed to be a cross dresser if not homosexual
And yer sayin what? Frankly, Hoover wasn't the "lawman" folks like to think he was. He gave a pass to plenty of organized criminal thugs who were willing to stay in step with HIS dance card. In fact, he was an embarassment to many LEO's, and it wasn't because he was gay. He was a power hungry thug no better than many of those he sought to incarcerate. He was willing to wipe his ass with the US Consitution, Bill of Rights, and the principles under which this nation was founded. He makes me want to puke, and it isn't because he was gay.

Zoo

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
CEO opening

Well I would not mind seeing one of the big time CEOs come along and run for office. At least they would have a set of experiences on how to get some things done. But in reality I doubt any of them would be willing to take on the job.

There has to be a minimum of 20 CEOs who have the qualifications. But most of those have very little political affialiation when it comes to party politics required of the presidential office.

Might make for an interesting election to have a few of the financial people from TV making the commentary on the CEO candidates for presidents rather than the morons currently doing the coverage of the presidential hopefuls.

·
<><
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't know a straight CEO who would take the job. Too many backs to scratch.

As to Giuliani and the drag dress, everyone knows it was strictly for entertainment's sake. A candidate with a sense of humor. You won't find him tapping toes at the stranger in the next stall. Now THAT's sick... er, uh, I mean, it's a difference. A choice. Something we need to respect and tolerate. Let's be sure to include it in our curriculum. OOPS! Wrong thread.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
I think Rudy is going to be the next President. A couple of quizzes I took told me Mitt Romney is the candidate for me. Rudy was the second choice.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
toybox99615 said:
Well I would not mind seeing one of the big time CEOs come along and run for office. At least they would have a set of experiences on how to get some things done. But in reality I doubt any of them would be willing to take on the job.

There has to be a minimum of 20 CEOs who have the qualifications. But most of those have very little political affialiation when it comes to party politics required of the presidential office.

Might make for an interesting election to have a few of the financial people from TV making the commentary on the CEO candidates for presidents rather than the morons currently doing the coverage of the presidential hopefuls.
A CEO to run a fascist empire makes sense to me too.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Smokey said:
I think Rudy is going to be the next President. A couple of quizzes I took told me Mitt Romney is the candidate for me. Rudy was the second choice.
Yer a funny guy Smokey...:roflback:

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
Did good things for NYC

toybox99615 said:
DWJ if you support Rudy through the election and he was to win it would be to late to change your vote after the fact.

Well when he was mayor that was his job to do things for NYC, would you have him do great things for Dallas? I recently spent 2 hours with him in a small room of only 8 other republicans asking him some very hard questions.

Does he have some issues I don't care for? well yes. The point is who is the BEST candidate to beat Hillary? If Rudy can get the vote of one or two of the NE states with big electoral votes he could pull it off. NY, Jersey, Penn are all in striking distance. Mass is not.

Even if Rudy is not your favorite choice ya got to get out and vote AGAINST Hillary!

·
Registered
22,083 Posts
toybox99615 said:

I'm sorry toy, I guess I wasn't clear. I will not vote for Rudy for President, either in the primaries (I do get a vote), or in the General regardless of who he runs against. I said that I still hoped that the Republican primary process would reject him before he got to the point of being their candidate, however if the Republican party has moved far enough away from their principles to nominate Rudy, they will have also move far enough away from mine that I would not be able to vote for him.

Simpy saying anyone is better than Hillary is not enough for me. I would not vote for Hillary either. Although I don't believe in a three-party system, I can't vote for either of them in good concience.

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
So the alternative is?

geoffreyt said:
Giuliani is McCain in Yankee clothes. If Giuliani or McCain are the nominee, Ill stay home on Nov election day. They will both smile at you and lie through their teeth.
Stay home and don't vote?

Vote for hillary?

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I have a problem with Rudys US borders position...
He does have real world experience, that we need.

If all we needed was someone to cover up a TRYST, Slick Willys Wife would work...

1 - 20 of 86 Posts