V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've only had a chance to go hunting a couple days this year so far and haven't seen anything in the woods yet but I've seen dozens of them on a 45 minute ride to work after dark.
Anyone having any luck or got some big-buck stories??
Good luck Hunters!

·
Banned
17,245 Posts
if only they made shooting from your car legal.........

·
I haven't seen your bird.
8,499 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Bligh
I had a chance at one early in the week. Narrowly missed...in a minivan.
I hear ya! While riding around these parts, the three things that concern me the most are: inattentive, cell phone-talking drivers; drunks behind the wheel; and deer.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
BBfxst said:
lol...I watched the Nascar race today...and there thinking of changing the race date for Deer Season
I went to school in southwest Missouri. The first day of deer season students were allowed an excused absence and the same for the first day of Trout fishing.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
letting the deer drink and drive with cellphones is a damn shame.

·
Super Moderator
5,582 Posts
Smokey said:
I went to school in southwest Missouri. The first day of deer season students were allowed an excused absence and the same for the first day of Trout fishing.
Still do that here in WI although the first day is on a Saturday, if there grades are not a problem they can get an excused absence for the weekday part of the Hunt, The rural WI area population and businesses revolve around those 9 days, being a logger for a living I am basically forced to take the week off of work. No one wants us around, afraid we will scare the deer.

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
I got 2 der so far 1st was a 5 point was sitting in blind about 20 mins.second deer was doe and was out there about an hour that was around the begin of october,this past weekend never even saw a deer come through

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
I actualy got around to putting my rifle in the truck the last day, thought I'd get in a couple hours, never got around to it though. All my buddies are hunting and fishing guys so my freezer stays pretty well stocked... I don't really care that much about killing em, just eating em!

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Deer

My 14 yr old son got a 6 pt. with his bow, from one of our stands! (We manufactured them at one time, locally)
First deer. That adreneline punch will never be forgotten.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
!worthless

Have to win the lottery here to hunt big game, and I haven't been picked in the last 5 years! This state sux!

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Not a hunter, but I sure like me some venison :D caught a few trout this weekend...

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Fish Story

Shaw_2112 said:
Not a hunter, but I sure like me some venison :D caught a few trout this weekend...
We wailed the walleyes(they are turning on again now,gourging themselves on minnows) this year on Oneida Lake, as well as the Kings(Mud Marlin, hehe) on Lake Ontario. The King Salmon are not as tasty as the Coho though.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
One last year on the bike and one this year in the car(hurt much less).
You guys get out there and clear them all out for all I care. Only good deer is a dead one.

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
Got two does so freezer is full now. Just trophy hunting now.

·
If we gotta wear helmets
210 Posts
I'm not a hunter. I got a deer the hard way with my car a month ago. I'm all in favor of anything that reduces the deer population (and hunting in general).

·
Registered
338 Posts
Gona do my part to "thin" the herd this weekend. Freezer is full of fish,so I need some deer to keep it company.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
99fxd1 said:
I've only had a chance to go hunting a couple days this year so far and haven't seen anything in the woods yet but I've seen dozens of them on a 45 minute ride to work after dark.
Anyone having any luck or got some big-buck stories??
Good luck Hunters!
I got a 4 point, 140 lb. Buck at first light this morning. Only had to drag him about 200 feet. These are the kind I like. I could hear him walking for about ten minutes and when he stepped out of the thick stuff he was quartering
towards me, one shot drop otherwise he would have continued right up the trail to where I was sitting.
All tagged out so it looks like I'm partridge hunting now. They seem to be pretty scarce nowadays though.
My wife got a picture of a flock of 30 turkeys on the back lawn the other day. The season is over on them now though. These things are sooo thick around here. We very often see 80 to 100 turkeys a day. They should make the season longer.
Good luck hunters!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts