V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone

Picking up a 1994 FXR soon that has mostly been unmolested except for the bike being lowered for a short rider.

I'm obviously going to be lifting the bike back up. I'm 6ft 4" with a 34" inseam. Main priority is comfort for a taller guy (riding position) but would also like to improve handling and braking while I'm at it.

With that being said, does the GigaCycle Inverted Front End lower the ride height of the bike at all? Would I be limited to 13" shocks in the rear?

The other option is going to a +2 over front end, with Legends Axeo Cartridges and a fork brace. Would this be a better fit for me as a taller guy over the GigaCycle? And what rear shock size would be ideal with a +2 over front? 13", 14", 15"? What's my best options for upgrading to modern dual disc brakes on the 39mm front ends?

Am I overthinking it and should just go with the better performing inverted front end?

I want to raise the bike and potentially run 1" drop pegs so I can keep the mid controls comfortably without my knees on my chin. If that isn't comfortable, my next thing id try is the mid-forward hybrid controls. Really would like to avoid going to full-forward controls if I can.

Sorry for all the questions, wanna build this bike right. Any input/help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Can't give info on the Gigacycle vs Legend front end. The stock shock length for a +2'' fork is 13.75''. I'd imagine if you're going to lower the mids you'd want a taller shock to help prevent a lot of peg scraping, it'll also quicken steering.

A great cost effective front brake is a used pair of the touring Brembos with the 11.8'' touring rotors. I believe there's an adapter ring available so rotors will fit pre 2000 wheels.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Depending on what you run for rear shocks you may have to do the same thing I did and buy the +2” extensions. Made mine sit perfectly with 14” rear fox that I am currently running. Well not currently I’m still waiting on all the finishing touches of the 111 that just got swapped in. View attachment 273507

1 - 3 of 3 Posts