V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Interesting, looks like it is machined from a solid block of aluminum. How do they get the gut's inside without pulling apart the jugs? :confused:

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Pretty massive. I'll bet it'll be fun.

"Prices will be reasonable based on the performance delivered." hmmm.... wonder if I could tell them its weak. :D

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
tdp1 said:
What's the price tag on this monster?
Holly shitt that is a BIG ASS beast. I want 1. I email them with some questions and also ask fer the price. I'll post it if they send it. I also ask about a frame design, if they had 1 yet.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thats fukin big!! Gotta put one in the sportster!! :D

·
Registered
384 Posts
Not too beautifull. It looks like they just put wires and carb up to a cheap backyard machined aluminum block. Power without grace.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Hey Santa!

Guess what I want..........

in a Sportster frame with 883 markings........

What a sleeper !!!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Too much motor for me, I'm skeered of power!!! I better stick with my Vespa!!

·
Just bad
698 Posts
JFScheck said:
Interesting, looks like it is machined from a solid block of aluminum. How do they get the gut's inside without pulling apart the jugs? :confused:
You can see the seams. Big parts are all billet but it bolts together like the rest. I would be interested hearing more. Like dyno readings and reliability.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
OK, here's the reply I got.

Jay,

We are targeting a price of $12,000. We expect to have it available by winter
2003/2004. The other e-mail address is for the builder of the engine and
bike. He can answer all the technical questions you can ask and then some.
Please include my email address for all tech questions. It helps me put
together answers to common questions.

Thanks for your interest.

Mark Anderson

There you have it $12.000 I would rather set this up. Double shovel dude.

G

·
They've got some slippage in that release date .... The website says:

"Look for this engine to enter production Summer 2002."

Don't hold yer breath ...

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Here's what I got from the other guy their Tech. I ask about a frame to take the beast. And as far as trany, chain, and sprocket. You will HAVE to beef them up. Just like if you put a blower on and hit over 150hp. I ripped the teeth completely off my buds ride with 1 hole shot. As in smoooooooth. He replaced the sprocket 3 times before having to get a special harden 1 that would take the power

Bob Bryce Wrote:

Jay, I am one of the designers of the engine. Several Frames on the market will hold it.. as a matter of fact the frame in the article is a low end Midwest Wide Glide 200 Series frame with only minor gusset work on the mounts and neck.. We also like any of the Kraft Tech frames and the Bourget (If you can get em) Frame. I'm sure there are many out there that will hold it. Amen Cycle works has a BEAUTIFUL setup. There are only a few that I would be really scared of, We took a look a frames built by Paul Jaffe, West Coast Choppers, and several others that seemed like they were a little light in the axle adjustment area, and the frame tubing was a little light and long for me personally to be comfortable with using this much torque. But this is not to take away from their work, it is fine craftsmanship. Frame Requirement s would be a MINIMUM 0.125 wall drawn over mandrel tubing or 4130 chrome moly. with HEAVY (5/16" to 3/8" gussets in the critical areas of the neck, motor and transmission mounts. We will send diagrams/photographs and templates with the motor.
Bob Bryce

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
This is what I received after I asked about what had to be beefed up. I know that engines of this magnitude produce much power and there are not a ton of manufactures making components that will handle this adequately. Here’s their reply.

Hey Jay,

We have enough trouble just making fresh coffee! We agree, frames are a major part of the system, and yes we too like em stout. We have made frames and complete rolling chassis in the past, however due to the monumental hassles that are required of manufactures of complete vehicles, that ain't gonna happen. There are a great numbers of great benders and welders our there that can do it better than we can and cheaper than we can.

The clearance on that frame. (which measures the same a factory stock on height) is 0.125. (or 1/8th inch). yep it's close, but it clears. If for any reason that it comes loose and rubs the frame, polishing out a ding in your rocker box will be the least of your worries. Horsepower? Depends on how you set it up. We have pulled well over 200 out of it in street trim, and the thunder jets haven't kicked in yet! so... where's the top? your guess is probably as good as mine.. But if I'm Guessing right... well the Horsepower Shootout at Daytona will certainly get interesting in a year or two. There is a guy here in Houston, they call him the "Turbo man" (he has a web site) all he does is run *** stuff, (he wouldn't even let us put our prototype on his dyno) who has been taking that event (in the *** classes) for top horsepower at around 453 hp. Now, Give this motor about 4-6 lbs of boost, and a shot of laughing gas. Hummmmm.

200 CID? Jay, your thinking too small (but you are on the right track!)..... Transmissions, clutches, and starters are the hold up, even running a 130 cu in motor. BDL's new top fuel closes part of that gap. We have developed a starter that spins our 170 at 11.5-1 like a top without compression releases and we are finishing up a prototype for a 5 speed with a serious overdrive that will handle three times anything this 170 will be able to develop. Then we can go bigger.... Much.. Much... BIGGER

Bob Bryce

·
Registered
34 Posts
the guy with the double shovel Is named Mike, he runs a shop up here in Halifax N.S. (canada) called Toads Cycle , He also has a Dual engine bike side by side he made..... they are both there at his shop.

http://www.toadscycle.com/customBikes.htm

there is his link.... the pictures really dont do it justice... But it's 2 Engines bolted side by side... One of em actually runs backwards to make it all work... it's crazy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts