V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hammerhead
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang. I just picked up my 06 Ultra from the dealer the other day after having the Screamin Eagle active performance exhaust, air kit, and download installed. They also put on the new heated grips for me. My question is when I left the dealership the ECM light came on. I took it back and they checked it and said that there was no code present. THey reset it and again I left with the return of the light. This time I did not shut the bike off so that the light was still on. When they hooked it up then they said there was no code and nothing in the history. Has anyone else had any problems with the new 06 exhaust or anything of this type? They are calling Harley and Screamin Eagle to see if they can get some answers. The bike is running great it is just that the light comes on and off intermittently.

Any feedback would be great!!

THANKS

Hammerhead aka CRUI$ER

·
Road Hawg
146 Posts
Even if they don't find a code, they still need to fix it. It is an annoyance, renders the warning light useless, and could possibly result in a dangerous situation. Take it back, take it back, and take it back again. Keep your paperwork. If you take it back five times, and it is still not fixed, mention lemon law, buy-back, etc. You usually see some scrambling then.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Sounds like a bad ground somewhere. You said that you had the heated grips put on. I would have them check here first. A bad ground will make lights come on that should stay off.

·
Hammerhead
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Looks like another trip to HD tomorrow. I will keep ya posted.

·
Hammerhead
742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Gang

Thanks for the input. Had the bike back at the HD dealer and they got on the phone with tech support and ran the whole troubleshooting algorhytm. Turns out it was a wire hitting the heat shield causing the light to come on. They rerouted the wiring and no more light :)

Thanks again

Hammerhead aka CRUI$ER

1 - 5 of 5 Posts