V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the HD saddle Bags for my 05 FXDWG along with Ghost Brackets which the recommended. I have read some reports here that the Ghost Brackets have some issues like loud rattling, being ugly... Is there a better mounting solution other than Ghost Brackets. I chose them because they have a secure locking system. Joel

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Go with EZ Brackets. Better fit and finish, easy to install and work great. Have them on my 03 FXDL and love them.:thumbsup:

·
Woo Hoo!
178 Posts
jawrider said:
try bubbasbrake.com
not bulky
stable
better looking than ghost or ez brackets
Looks like they only have them for Softails.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
I ordered Ghost Brackets for my WG several years ago. What crap! The Neil Young of brackets. Sent them back and made my own.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
GrayRider said:
I ordered Ghost Brackets for my WG several years ago. What crap! The Neil Young of brackets. Sent them back and made my own.
I think you need to begin work on an improved camera lens with focus this time.

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
8-Ball said:
Ah... now I can see said the blind man. Nice... clean and simple. That chrome doesn't seem to be polished according to Hoyle however...

Its hard to photograph chrome.
Everything's chromed, dirty but not scratched.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Question for GrayRider

What did you use to make the saddlebag mounts, and how do they work? They look like what I need to make bags removeable on my "04" FXDWG

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
dlt6855 said:
What did you use to make the saddlebag mounts, and how do they work? They look like what I need to make bags removeable on my "04" FXDWG
Bolt on bags come with a spacer that goes between the bag mount and strut. I measured the length of the spacer and had new ones cut from stainless round stock which was then drilled all the way through and tapped to the thread size of the fender strut bolts. I then had them chromed. All-thread rod couplings will work also and can be found at a local hardware store.

I reversed the strut bolts, sticking them through the fender and strut from the inside and screwed the new spacer/adapter on it. The bag mounts can now be bolted right to the adapter. When the bags are off, I insert chromed bolt plugs into the adapter, purchased from the H-D dealer.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Me likey! If you go into production I will buy a set. Would make my own but I do not have access to machine tools. Only so much you can do with limited tools said the blind man as he picked up his hammer and saw.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts