V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if Ghost Bracket saddlebag supports are any good, or do they rattle around?
Thanks,
John

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Ghost brackets suck. They don't come with the right hardware so you end up having to go find your own, or call them and they will send you the right size bolts... if you want to wait. Oh... and your bags look like they have a life of their own as they jump around.

Take a look at Boss Bags. I think they will give you much better results.

·
Train Rider
145 Posts
8-Ball said:
Ghost brackets suck. They don't come with the right hardware so you end up having to go find your own, or call them and they will send you the right size bolts... if you want to wait. Oh... and your bags look like they have a life of their own as they jump around.

Take a look at Boss Bags. I think they will give you much better results.
I've had Ghostbrackets on my bike, before and after the 250 rear end. All of hardware was fine. Yes, it is possible with very light bags that they could move up and down. Ghost brackets lock too!

They're also quite cheap and you can move them to different bags, which I don't think you can do with Boss Bags. It also looks like you can't the brackets seperately with Boss Bags.

After about two years I had a lock shear on one of mine, and they swiftly sent me replacement locks from the USA to UK free of charge and out of warranty.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Ghost Brackets

I have been using BareBacks on my 2000 flstc and were happy with them but felt a little uneasy about not being able to lock the bags to the bike (if you did'nt know they were removable you could'nt tell) but at Bike Week I saw a display by American Eagle Leatherworks on the GhostBrackets and bought the set that includes the bag adapter for the heritage bags. This is some well made equipment and the parts and material are top quality. The remove much quicker than the BareBacks and they clean up the support rod from the bag to the lower frame. So far so good. Actually a friend with a Honda VT750CD kept telling me how good they were on her bike is the reason I checked them out for mine. Would recommend them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts