V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:wavey:
Does anyone use Ghost Brackets to mount their saddlebags? How do you like them and how soes the posts look on the bike when the bags are off?

I'm picking up my Street Bob in the spring and want to have detachable/Lockable saddlebags.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
612 Posts
I've got ghost brackets on my wide glide. The posts don't look too bad when they're off. Mildly annoying rattle on the left side bag that I've tightend up with a bit of tape around the post.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I put them on my sister's '05 sportster 1200 and I think they suck.

1. They are ugly when off.
2. They are a PIA to put on (wrong bolts sent). Had to buy locally and cut down.
3. The bags stick out at the bottom giving them a wing like look.
4. They bounce around on the bike while riding... looks stupid.
5. Her husband ended up bolting throught the quick release system to get them to stop bouncing... again, stupid.

I saw some somewhere that hinged sideways and had a bottom bracket to stabilize. They also quick released. They were more expensive, but after having put the GB on for my sister, I would spend the extra money.

8-Ball

·
Registered
6,983 Posts
Poor design. I had some for my WG and sent them back. Big, clunky, heavy. Designed my own quick disconnect system. There's a post here somewhere of how I did it.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Easy Brackets is what I use. No problems after 1 1/2 years.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
romac said:
Thanks for the replys. I checked out the Boss Bags they look good.

Rob

Can't go wrong with the Bossbags :thumbsup:

do a search for them and see if you can find anyone who has them who was not happy with them...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Easy bags here too. I've used the brackets on a couple different bags. Sometimes it's the bag you try to attach it too. If it's not a very sturdy bag it will tend to sag more. Easy brackets has kind of a big flat base plate, but you could also cut up a piece of stiff board or plexiglass that will go the length of the bag; put between the back and the base plate to give the extra support.

·
Professional Lurker
15 Posts
I tried Ghost Brackets on my Heritage Springer. They were awful. I use bubbas brakes detachable system. Great stuff. Clean look when removed.

·
Registered
271 Posts
try BubbasBrake.com have them on my Fat Boy are quick and easy to remove and very stable Ghost and Easy Brackets are too bulky and UGLY

1 - 15 of 15 Posts