V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been blacking out my '11 Limited and found a great deal on a Street Glide fender to finish out the front. Got a few more things off to the powder coater, Horn and bracket, air cleaner cover, floor pans, heat shields, rear muffler brackets, shifter arms and I am sure I am forgetting something but the darth vader look is coming around! Sold my Chrome Rineharts in the 4" and have the same coming in the black.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,957 Posts
Nice. I like bikes that have gone over to the dark side. I think this winter I am going to take a bunch of chrome pieces off my bike and send them to be powder coated black. Chrome don't get you home.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Nice

Nice look Monsoon!
You gotta costume to wear riding that evil twin?
Cheers!

·
Banned
589 Posts
Yeah? Well . . .

"Black is the new chrome." :coffee:

I'm seeing a lot of this "black out" trend. It looks good, and I've seen a lot of it done quite well. That said, I'm opting for "Denim Black" on the paint, and the other stuff is chrome plated. Alum wheels are powder coated and alum. Stainless trim on the fairing under the windshield. Black windshield pouches, black bags, black saddle. black grips, wind deflectors.

Chrome on the "chrome stuff" -- nothing unique. Denim black and chrome. I had someone at a quick stop deli the other night remark, "Flat black and chrome . . . nice!"

I'm building this bike for long-haul tours -- Road Hawg. Road Zeppelin seat, luggage rack, large windshield, wind defectors, cruise control, ABS . . . Tour Pak doesn't make it. I found a heavy nylon canvas bag for luggage: 32" X 16" X 19". Bright red, designed for firefighters, first-responders, law-enforcement.

I don't think I've ever fired up this bike and not put at least 100 miles on it.

Someday I'm going to roll it out in the sun and work on some photos.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yea, my bike's transformation to the darkside is almost complete. Just got my black rocker covers yesterday and I think it will be done, but something else will probably pop up....

·
Registered
181 Posts
Nice. I like bikes that have gone over to the dark side. I think this winter I am going to take a bunch of chrome pieces off my bike and send them to be powder coated black. Chrome don't get you home.
Black dont get you back ........ Sorry I had to say it..:whistle::redrolf::redrolf:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
when the treads wear out there sure will not be whitewalls back on it for sure.

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
I'll never understand why some think an all black bike looks good. I think it looks like crap but to each their own....

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
less black for you?

I guess this would be more on the lines of what you like LowRider?

Attachments

·
Banned
2,449 Posts
Don't be ridiculous man....

Is that your other bike? :redrolf:

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Black dont get you back ........ Sorry I had to say it..:whistle::redrolf::redrolf:
Well played!

I think either way can be overdone.

I did black bars, mirrors, and levers, and plan on doing the contrast fork uppers, and chrome lowers.

I think at this point it's almost getting trendy to black em out too.

All the bike makers are doing it. Vic, Yamaha, Kawasaki.

Maybe a nickle finish will be the next trend!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea and "chrome don't get you home" as i once heard but you don't have to say it looks like "crap". I guess if I said Lowrider Harleys are only for the vertically challanged you would accept that, even though I like low slung bikes, I have a DX for around town and love it. If someone post a photo of their bike, whether it's black, chrome or all green and they like it enough to post a photo, then it does not deserve a looks like crap response on here. Black may look to be be a fad for some but I have had black bikes longer than some on here have been alive I would wager. It was not a fad back then nor now. It's just another way to get a buyer on one, or in my case my give my powder coater some work! LOL

Lowrider, this site has a great search, went back to see if your post on others here are always positive or negative, want to guess what I found! :redrolf:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts