V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting rid of my 05 Road King Classic.

I want to get into the 96ci and Six Speed.

Also want a Ferring and Radio.

I've Ridden the Street Glide, and Ultra's Before, but never a Road Glide.

Kind of Concerned about getting used to the Fixed Ferring. Guy's that Own them , that I have talked to Love Them.

Any Thoughts??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Road Glide

I just bought an 07 Road Glide and I am very happy with it. If I am not mistaken I think the Street Glide is currently the best selling Harley. They are extremely cool looking but it seems like every third bike I see is now a Street Glide. You should try renting the two bikes to see what you think. The frame mounted fairing seems like a better design. The bat wing does look really cool though.

·
Finally
839 Posts
Love my Road Glide. You need to try one for a day and then decide. I to like the looks of the batwing style but after trying the Roadglide and Eglide on a trip it was all over with.

·
Premium Member
12 Posts
Love my Roady. To me the batwing as well as the Dragonfly retro-fit just seem to be a flat instrument panel as you look forward. The Roady fairing wraps under the bars a bit and seems to add more of a 3 dimentional experience. Kind of like you're cutting through the wind. With the frame mount you also don't feel as much of the wind blowing your front end around.
With that being said, these are just my opinions, your opinions may differ.
BC

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
redplexi said:
I'm getting rid of my 05 Road King Classic.

I want to get into the 96ci and Six Speed.

Also want a Ferring and Radio.

I've Ridden the Street Glide, and Ultra's Before, but never a Road Glide.

Kind of Concerned about getting used to the Fixed Ferring. Guy's that Own them , that I have talked to Love Them.

Any Thoughts??
Rent a Road Glide and find a winding two lane road on a windy day.

·
Soar like an Eagle
2,570 Posts
You have to go ride them yourself and then you will know which one is the best fit for you. I know what I like but you may not like the same. Ride them all and you will know. Just make sure you spend more time on them than a typical demo ride. Rent them for a weekend and spend some real time on them.

·
This space for rent
221 Posts
Another vote for the Road Glide here.... I'm on my second one and would have nothing else.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am with dTroll. My Dragonfly fairing should be delivered one day this week. Upgraded my Road King standard with cruise control and the fairing. A lot cheaper than buying a new bike. Plus I already had a 95" stage III motor a couple years back.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I love my Street Glide, but from a strict handling perspective , the Road Glide is a better choice.

·
This Space for Rent
57 Posts
Rent your choices. Spend the day on them. Then you decide.

I rented every touring model before I settled on an Ultra. One thing to consider with the street glide is the lower suspense. Might be an issue if you ride a lot of rougher roads or if you load it down.

Finally, something I didn't do before I bought but wish I had is pick up a parts catalog. It covers all of the touring models, and allows you to see the exact differences between all of the models.

I bought the Ultra but convert it to 'near street glide' when riding alone. I added detachable hardware to the tour pack and lowers. I haven't got the street glide wind deflector but might get one for short rides to complete the look. When I head out for a long ride I put everything and go full 'ultra.' It's the best of both worlds, and costs less than adding all the stuff on the ultra to the street glide.

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
I bought a used police bike because I could't afford anything else, but when I rented a couple to see what I liked, the road glide was the best. It is definately NOT a Honda.

·
Banned
10,126 Posts
nidan said:
I love my Street Glide, but from a strict handling perspective , the Road Glide is a better choice.
I agree 100%.. My street glide is a sweet ride, but I took a road glide for an extended spin and was pretty impressed. You really don't notice a lot of difference until you are in some cross winds at 80 mph... But once you experience it, you wished your street glide would handle the wind like that...

And now that the '08 Road Glide has a black engine it is starting to look pretty frickin' cool.

·
05 Flhrci
135 Posts
All the guys at work that ride E. Glides love them. The only complaint I hear about the Street Glide is the short windshield.

This is just an "opinion", but I don't like the way Road Glides look.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Before I got on one for the first time I wondered if the RG fairing would take any getting used to.

The answer (for me) was no. After the first couple of turns I was used to it.

·
ALK
321 Posts
Rent what you desire and then decide.

For my -2$en#e- worth..When I decided it was time to get back in the wind, of course Harley was the way to go. Test rode the Electra Glide Classic at the York Fairgrounds (the open house), and then test rode the Road Glide at the dealership.

Have had the RG since 2004 and don't bother with the rest of the HD lineup. The overall best of the touring litter if you ask me.

The Road Glide handles better in the twisties, in a parking lot, during cross wind conditions, and so far, it's been easy to find in the parking lot amongst the other rides.

Yada yada yada,...won't bore you with any more diatribe.

Ride and then decide....and have fun doing it.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Road Glide!!!!! but I may be biased :beer4u:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts