V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a LOT of torque here with my change from stock to 95in.

Light weight bike - short rides.

2002 FXDWG

HTCC?

SE?

CC# NGT 190 hopefully.

251's?

I have a set of SuperTrapp 2:1 now and am aiming at using them.

Thanks -:bowdwn:

chux sway

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
Give Steve (HDWrench) at GMR Performance (a site sponsor) a call. He will set you up niceley and for a decent cost. Far better than you can do with HD goods.

·
Average Dude
6,263 Posts
SEDELUXE05 said:
dont even think about the htcc build go with the 98in cheaper and better results. more bang for the buck plus his service is first rate. 24hr tec support and that gmr girl (the real boss) is a real good looking lady also. right steve
24 hr tech support???
The man has to sleep ya know!!:265:

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
chux sway said:
I am looking for a LOT of torque here with my change from stock to 95in.

Light weight bike - short rides.

2002 FXDWG

HTCC?

SE?

CC# NGT 190 hopefully.

251's?

I have a set of SuperTrapp 2:1 now and am aiming at using them.

Thanks -:bowdwn:

chux sway
I like the idea of the 98" kit that Steve sells but do some research on heads and cams. There are a lot of good head builders out there, Head-Quarters, Dewey's, Underground, and right here, Big Boyz to name a few. Stay away from the Screamin Eagle stuff, over priced for what you get. Go gear drive w/ the cam, less worries down the road. My build pulls like a freight train. I know some Dewey's heads builds that pull real strong. Just take your time and look around. You'll find something that suits your needs. Just my -2$en#e- :dunno:

·
Incredible
3,029 Posts
And if you don't want to extended down time of pulling off your heads to send them out then get a used set off eBay that match your engine color (silver or black) and then send them off instead. While waiting on the heads, get all the other parts for your build purchased and shipped to you that way once the heads arrive you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Steve helped me a lot with my build, and I'm WAY happy. If your not set on an all (or Most) HD set up , the 98 is worth thinkin about.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Steve has been big help. Give him a call.
Personally I stay away from anything over 10:1, its not always easy to get good gas. You travel out west and gets hard. Such as Sturgis. High compression builds power though, so you decide. Also from what I hear higehr compression is harder on bottom end and starting. Many people may never see any bad effects, if any, but I shyed away.

·
Seasoned Prime Member
446 Posts
Personally I stay away from anything over 10:1, its not always easy to get good gas.
That's what they make octane booster for. I carry a bottle in my sadlebags when I travel.:dunno:

·
Registered
473 Posts
My vote is for the GMR 98" kit. I would go that route in a second. Stay away from the HTCC heads. Yes, I currently have them (ported by GMR), but still not the best for flow. Steve is one of the most stand-up guys i've ever met. He has always answered my questions and built one mean motor for me. Take your time. You will get much more for your money dealing with him and his boss (GMR Girl)...:brows:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts