V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, Have about 4000 miles on my 01 FXSTI after doing the 95" thing with the classic Dewey 37G Wiseco build. He told me it would keep getting stronger especially if I rode it like I stole it. Well he was right. A few months ago I noticed that if I am rapping it on any kind of a turn and nail second I get that rear end hook as the rear tire unhooks just a little and the rear end wiggles around. Now I get it going straight sometimes:xhere: . Second gear on mine is a real head snapper. Anyone getting the same thing? Also anyone got third? What a build Dewey recommended. I cant really justify paying on 2 Harley's but there is an itch that only that softail will scratch. Having a blast.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
damn. i wish mine would do that. what a blast, sideways with the front tire off the ground.

tell us more about your build.

·
Premium Member
2,067 Posts
I like second too but it raps out just a little too quick. My favorite has to be third gear. Set up around 3000 rpm and whack it wide....you better be hanging on:xhere: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just finished the same Dewey build on a 06 flhxi. I only have 20 miles on it
and I can tell you, "this one is going to be fun". Going to give the new Zippers air filter upgrade for the SE intake a try, wiith a Dewey"s Rammer cover.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Seahag said:
I like second too but it raps out just a little too quick. My favorite has to be third gear. Set up around 3000 rpm and whack it wide....you better be hanging on:xhere: :thumbsup:
I just LOVE that!!! Addicted would be a good description! Killing my gas milage though!!

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Careful with the hard second gear shifts... You go through belts that way too :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My build is the what I call the Dewey build. Dewey Pro street heads, .030 cometic gasket, wiseco 9.2:1 forged flat tops, andrews 37g cams with s&s gears, se adjustable push rods, Khrome werks slip ons, se ac. It makes for a real nice street combo with mild manners and plenty of push. Gas mileage went up to 40 city also. Have not had the front wheel off the ground.
Ron

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
pelon said:
My build is the what I call the Dewey build. Dewey Pro street heads, .030 cometic gasket, wiseco 9.2:1 forged flat tops, andrews 37g cams with s&s gears, se adjustable push rods, Khrome werks slip ons, se ac. It makes for a real nice street combo with mild manners and plenty of push. Gas mileage went up to 40 city also. Have not had the front wheel off the ground.
Ron
wow, at 9.2 even. and the 37g, that may be considered a mild build for sure.i lkke the way you went with that build. find the spot where you get torque and traction and get that tire up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea that would be fun to get the front end up. My nieghbor does it with his E.G. and its a hoot. His mufflers are ground flat on the ends. Dont know what his build is. As I said my pistons are 9.2:1 Wiseco forged flat tops, but with the .030 cometic head gasket I think it makes the overall about 9.8:1. I have compression releases as I found starters are not cheap. Bike dynoes at 96hp and 104tq.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts