V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
work done. Well wudja think I meant? :rolleyes: I'm debating having this done this winter. What's involved if I take them off (TC88)? What should I look for in a shop? Does anyone know of a reputable shop in the upstste NY area? If I should send them out who is a good name to work on them? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

·
Registered
4,089 Posts

You've been in my beer box haven't ya? :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yea, Twincamzz it all comes back to me now I tryed to do a quick search but couldn't remember what the post was about.
Did your heads have a round port stock and they made it the (D) shape it is now ? Did they set you up with a intake to match the new port or is there one on the market ? Just curious I want get my heads done some time in the future and them stock heads really need some work. I suppose H-D has their reasons for the design but they seem to be the only thing I dislike about the twincam engine.
I only know from what I have read in here and in my opinion them boys know there sh!t.
To many riders go for overkill when it comes to performance. And I really like Hippo's aproach on performance. Your not going to blister a quarter mile 99% of the time.

My hats off to Hippo,SBCharley and this forum.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been asking around town here. I think I want to get new cams, carb then do the heads. That should put me about where I want with out going to 95" yet.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hmm. That would make it easy when you put it back together to put that.. Good head.. :p on top. Nothin wrong with that cv carb in my opinion, but hey thats what makes H-D what they are today.

Keep us posted Hab let us know how it runs ..

·
EvilMonger
8,793 Posts
Habanero Kid said:
I've been asking around town here. I think I want to get new cams, carb then do the heads. That should put me about where I want with out going to 95" yet.

You're almost there now, why not do the 95 inch while it is apart? Just curious, most of the labor is already done.

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thealien said:

You're almost there now, why not do the 95 inch while it is apart? Just curious, most of the labor is already done.
Well, it's quite simple really. I bought my bike this year. Now the wife wants a new house! :eek: I kinda figure I'm lucky to get away with the cam & carb. (About 12-1500 bucks. As opposed to the 3 grand for the 95".) I can throw the heads on anytime after that.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hab, My heads and jugs are on the way back from Short Block Charlie's as I write this. As was said above, if you are going to have it apart to do the heads, do the 95" at the same time. Cost is only about $250 to have the jugs bored and a set of SE flat tops fitted.

My Glide should be finished up by the second week on Nov. I'll post results then.
Ken

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
SIN said:

Did your heads have a round port stock and they made it the (D) shape it is now ? Did they set you up with a intake to match the new port or is there one on the market ? Just curious I want get my heads done some time in the future and them stock heads really need some work.
Yup...SBC /Hippo modified the intake & exhaust ports on the head.They also modified the intake manifold to match.It was a true work of art IMHO.:D

I am convinced that having SBC /Hippo to do the heads was the single best modification that I could've done after going to 1200 cc. This thing runs like a raped ape !!

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
harleygirl64 said:
harleyhog... are you looking to get your head done???????

You offerin? :D

·
Registered
228 Posts
Thanks Twincamzz ! I'll probaly do the same as UltraKC Good head Big inches :p
I have a bagger I want performance but it's difficult to figure out where your going to draw the line as far as dependabilty and keep it enjoyable to tour with.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts