V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, you guys have heard my story,X-Wing rider now on an Ultra-Classic.So, I'm sitting in my local coffee shop hang out yesterday when
this older dude sits down a couple of stools from me.I'm wearing
a Harley T-Shirt & just shooting the bull with several buddies.Well the
Older dude turns to me and sez "Can I say something to you"? I replied
"Sure,go ahead" He proceed s with "Why don't you ride a Real Motorcycle"! To which I asked him just what that might be. He sez
"A Gold Wing what else" My reply was "Whatever" Well, at this
point one of my buddies say to the guy"I wouldn't be bothering him if I were you" Well, the older dude has a puzzled look on his face
when my buddy continues with "He'll just pull you over when he sees you on the road" !

Well, the dude turned suddently decent and I chalk up an encounter
with another jagoff!!
They don't want to make me start cutting loose on their Fogs !
Ride Safe
Masher

·
Registered
426 Posts
Why not just ask him what constitutes a "real" motorcycle? 'Cause last time I checked if it has 2 wheels, a motor, and says Harley Davidson on it then it is a real motorcycle. At least that is the the license plate says.

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
Fuckem! I ignore people like that and really don't like conversations about that type of attitude! It's childish:D

·
Registered
686 Posts
I saw a Wing Ding in front of the local Honda dealer they had $12,000 something on it and it was the new space ship style, I don't know if it was used or not.

"Show me a good loser , and I will show you a loser" Vince Lombardi

·
Registered
5,251 Posts
I too now ride an Ultra Classic after coming off a 91 Goldwing. No doubt this guy was some kind of jerk but just remember he is not representitive of Goldwing riders in general. Just like in all crowds there are a few bad apples. We have them and so do the Honda, BMW etc crowds. Most bikers I know are pretty good folks regardless of what they ride. Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Utrvp:
I had a 91 Wing also. Put a 130,000 miles on it.You guys are
right ,Most riders have a brain and some dick heads sit on theirs.I just seem to attract dips&^% for some reason !!
Ride Safe
Masher

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Masher,
I think the IDIOTS true colors were showing. Cutting H-D and their riders seem to be a favorite past time among wingers when they are not complaining about other riders not waving at them, or their new 1800 spaceships running hot, including one that actually SEIZE up according to the info. on one of the gl1800 post . For those in doubt, check out the gl1800 forum under general messages and the overheating section of this polyester clad group. Masher, one flat foot to another,,,,,, HANDLE IT!!!!

rickpoco,
The $12,000 may have been for a used one. The poor souls that are stuck with these things are probably selling them for whatever they can get.
I understand that honda has just recently admitted there is a serious overheating problem with the 2001-03's. This action only came about after American Honda was threaten with a class action lawsuit by several proud owners.

Fourhour,
You are soooooooo right!!!!!

95 FXST,
I know a coffee house or two where this type of comment may have cost the person running off at the mouth a long term nose bleed!!

Personally, I have a number of friends who ride the other bikes, we have a tendency at times to rib and make fun of each others rides. The JUSTIFICATION behind this is very simple,,,,,, (WE ALL ARE GOOD FRIENDS), I WOULD NEVER OFFER A SILLY A$$ DEROGATORY COMMENT TO ANYOTHER PERSON ABOUT HIS RIDE OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER. On a daily basis in my line of work I have the opportunity to see first hand the results of persons who let their mouth overload their a$$.

My 4 cents worth

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
You should have asked him why he doesn't drive a real car.
I've always thought Wingers would be happier with 4 wheels , a roof , and AC. They don't have AC yet do they?

·
963 Posts
Masher, it ain't just the wingers that cop an attitude. I started riding with several guys from work. We all started out on cheaper bikes. I learned on the Suz. Then went and got what I wanted all along a Deuce. Once I got it the other guys quit wanting to ride with me. Needless to say I was terribly hurt-LOL- For the life of me I can't understand why folks say Harley riders are snobs. It is the other way around for sure. My wife and I took my suzuki to a rally with some friends who all had Harleys, we had a great time and NO one was out of the way to us on our Japper. We had a great time, so much so That I bought a Harley. Now I see why everyone was so nice, they felt sorry for us!!!LOL-Rob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts