V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed that the chrome cover for the horn on the left side of the engine rubs the inside of your knee? Maybe it is just my riding position, but on longer trips this can get to be somewhat of an annoyance.

Since we're on the subject of comfort, has anyone come up with a good fix for the footpeg situation? My leg gets tired holding my sole on the single contact point of the stock peg. Sometimes I find myself tempted to wedge my toe between the peg and the underside of the shifter, until I remember thats a good way to wear out a transmission. What I'd really like is a good heel rest that a) didn't ruin the clean appearance of the bike and b) didn't pose a serious safety hazard when the bike gets leaned over. Do the slotted chrome footpegs make the foot position more comfortable?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have the slotted chrome pegs and what I've found is that on longer rides you can almost use them as "highway pegs" by streching your feet out and placing your boot heel (the step between the heel and the sole) on the top edge of the footrest. It kinda points your toes forward a little but it keeps your feet wedged against the rests against windblast. I'm 5'10" and I haven't noticed any contact with the horn.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kurakyn has an excellent foot peg that fits with heel rest. I also have the engine guard and a rest on it also. i am comfortable for a very long ride with this set up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm 6'2" and mine rubbed the horn cover so bad I broke the rubber mount :(

·
Registered
249 Posts
Heel Rest

This is my setup. The heel rest are very comfortable and I think the bike still looks good. I also put my feet up as was described in an earlier post and that's very comfortable as well - it also get your legs out straight which give them a rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts