V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the large number of forum members that we have from Georgia, Dawg and I thought it would be cool if we could all meet sometime in September for ride through the North Georgia Mountains.

If you are interested, post a reply or pm as soon as you can. If you have a certain weekend of the month that works better for you, let us know.

The invitation goes for anyone outside of Georgia too!:D

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Sept. is gonna be busy month for me & wife. Grandkids one weekend, going to mom's in SC another, & wedding shower another. Plus being on-call every other weekend SUX.

How about sometime in October before it gets too cold and too many leaves fall on road? I've only been riding since March 2001 and have limited 2-up group riding(about 3 trips total like that). I don't wanna take a chance on making mistake and taking somebody else out. Would like to ride with smaller groups and meet some of you folks.

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
I like smaller groups also. Where is Ellenwood? Straydog and I have been trying to hook up but schedules keep getting in the way. Maybe we can put together a small group for short ride in the Mountains.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't given up on this! Like everyone else, September seems to be too busy. October sounds good, so when everyone's ready, let's do it.

If you need something to do this weekend, the Great American MC Show is at the N. Atlanta Trade Center. I took a couple of the grandkids with me last year and they got a kick out of the trick riding. The wife and I are planning to go either Sat. or Sun.Look Here

·
Registered
102 Posts
N. GA Mtn Ride & Eyeball

Hey, Straydog,
Distantstorm & I are kinda crowded in Sept., also.
Late Oct would be best for us.
(Movin' 1st of month, & takin' Distantstorm to Biketoberfest for her 1st BIG rally.)
Dawg urged me to get in touch, & we would really like to do this, but it will be a timing thing.
Keep us informed of the concensus & plans, please.
However things work out, we DO want to hook up with nearby members in the future!
Headed to Cherokee for Survivors Rally in the morning(Fri 9/6).
It'll be Distantstorm's 1st rally up on her own.:D
Ought to be a great thang.
Will post early next week!
'Til then, keep safe!
bear & distantstorm

·
Just Like to Ride
3,242 Posts
Ellenwood is southeast of Atlanta about 6 miles north of Stockbridge - right off 675. Not a town but just a large area. It spreads over Clayton, Henry and DeKalb counties. We'll shoot for sometime in later October.

Been to a couple of the bike shows at North Atlanta Trade Center. Best part is seeing all the bikes outside(IMHO).

·
Ridge Rider
435 Posts
Unome, the Company i work for has a facility in Stockbridge so I know about where you are. Looks like October is better for everyone. Lets keep this thing going. Looking forward to meeting some of y'all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts