V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to the members of V-Twinforum for your support. We are very pleased to be a sponsor.
We manufacture Specialty Tools for use on Harley-Davidson Motorcycles.
All of our tools come with a lifetime warranty. We have just finished our new web site and hope you will give us a visit.
If anyone should have questions about our tools, please email us at [email protected]

·
Legend in my own mind
157 Posts
Since George finally got his sticky here, I thought I'd re-post my review that I posted a few weeks ago in this thread:

So you’re reading the manual and it says “Remove the widget-arm with H-D special tool number 12345.” What the hell is this special tool and where do you get it? Most folks that wrench on their own bike know who sells the special ones – if by special you mean expensive. Some of these are so expensive that people often break things trying to figure out the best wrong way to do it.

Enter “George’s Garage

George makes and sells Service Tools for use on Harley Davidson Motorcycles. He’s been a wrench for a while and he decided that he could do as good as or better than the folks selling them now, and do it at a better price.

I was working on my Ironhead recently and noticed the “Primary Drive Locking Tool” that George sells is about $10 cheaper than the one in the catalog I was reading. I figure it’s time to give George a try. I send him my money and in a few working days I have a package. Come on; admit it, we all love packages! On top of the prompt service, a question to the email address on his website was answered promptly and courteously.

So, the tool itself is not rocket science. I mean, it jams the chain. What I noticed immediately though was that I no longer have to scrounge up a piece of wood, an old drive belt, whatever to lock the chain - it saves me time. I also don’t have to worry about destroying what I put in there (I have MANY screwdrivers with chewed handles) or breaking one of the teeth on the sprocket with something that was too hard - it saves me money.

For $21 I always have the right tool at the right time. Unless you’ve tried one (Primary Drive Locking Tool), you have no idea how much easier it makes things.

http://www.georges-garage.com

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
George is a great guy to buy from. Fast shipping and great service. I ordered a locking tool from him and was about half the price of the name brand. I'm planning on filling my box with George's cam tools soon. He's got some great deals on specialty tools. I highly recommend trying him out. Thanks George!

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
Fast shipping. The primary sprocket locking tool looks top notch. Definitely a quality product.

I will definitely buy more specialty tools from this guy as needed!

·
Registered
126 Posts
I myself have dealt with george and notyhing but good things to say about the quality and quickness of shipping , Highly recommmend

Ron

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
I hope he comes out with a wheel bearing puller for late model Harley wheels. Jims wants over 200 bucks for theirs.

·
Registered
541 Posts
George's Tools....Simply, Great!

I own the entire TC88 cam install/removal set of tools. Having worked in the aviation field over 25 years, and as a 1A tool inspector, I can tell you that these tools are of excellent quality and workmanship, and function as designed to.

Thanks, George for great quality tools that the average mechanic can afford. I highly recommend these tools to any "Do it your-selfer..."

DLR

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
DLRVelocity1 said:
I own the entire TC88 cam install/removal set of tools. Having worked in the aviation field over 25 years, and as a 1A tool inspector, I can tell you that these tools are of excellent quality and workmanship, and function as designed to.

Thanks, George for great quality tools that the average mechanic can afford. I highly recommend these tools to any "Do it your-selfer..."

DLR

Me Too!!!
Awesome tools and alot cheaper then the other guy#@SasF#

·
Restless
1,672 Posts
timbo said:
Fast shipping. The primary sprocket locking tool looks top notch. Definitely a quality product.

I will definitely buy more specialty tools from this guy as needed!
Well I put the locking tool to the test yesterday torquing the compensator nut on the engine. The tool did what it was supposed to without tearing up. That is one tough sprocket tool! Especially with the clamp load you've got to put on that nut and your own while torquing it for that matter!

·
Life is what you make it
3,568 Posts
Ive ordered several tools now from Georges Garage, good quality, great delivery, and good prices to boot !!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Georges Garage is now working on the Wheel bearing puller and installer for sealed bearings. We hope to have the tool ready in about 6-8 weeks. 02/07/06
George

·
The Viking
89 Posts
Georges Garage.....Wow

What a 1st class service.
Enquired about overseas orders on 29th Jan, ordered the tools needed for a cam change on the 31st..........received them today 9th feb (I live in the UK)

Great service and excellent quality as well.

Thank you

Mickyo

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
I too use his tools since we rent the tools kits out stuff gets broke ... too often really but his items are working great. Thanks George

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks

Great service and unbeatable prices on quality products! An overall great experience that saved me money and time when doing my fat tire / offset project. Thank you! I will purchase tools from George's again.

·
poor scooter trash
375 Posts
Ill be ordering a mess of tools from George here twards the fall for my build this winter! Do V-Twin members get some sort of discount?

·
Seasoned Wrench
509 Posts
I dont think so...

I dont think VTF members get a discount from Georges tools, but I can tell you one thing. HE STANDS BEHIND HIS TOOLS. Not only that but he places alot of importance on his reputation and he is less expensive than the "other guy". I had a problem with an an order so I sent him an email and low and behold he calls me personally! Hows that for customer service? (!) I inquired about the warranty on his tools because the local indy here said he uses the "other guys" tools and mentioned he has broken a few of them. I asked how did the "other guy" handle the situation when you called and told him one had broken. He said, we can get another one right out to you.......AT FULL PRICE! Now I under stand George may not offer a lifetime warranty on commercial use of his tools but he did tell me that if I break one, send it back and I'll replace it free. What else needs to be said!

razorsedge

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
That is the reason that I have George listed in my links section. I use his tools in my rental tool kits and thus far no issues

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Kudos to George. Just received the inner cam bearing puller and the wrist pin tool. Very professional transaction. I ordered, got confirmation and an email when it shipped with the tracking number. The package arrived very quick.

Thanks George!

·
Premium Member
5,582 Posts
Georges Garage is top notch in every aspect, quick shipping, good prices, great communication, ordered cam chest tools friday, recieved them already today, couldn't believe they were here already.Thanks Georges Garage!!!

·
Takin' the long way home!
113 Posts
Great service. Great delivery. Excellent quality tools. And all at a fair price. I'm very happy with the tools and the overall experience.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts