V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a general question. It appears that all or most of the HD maps are questionable. I see many shades of blue to yellow on many Stage I bikes' pipes. Not to mention the lack of satisfaction with Stage II maps. Soooo, to be truely satisfied does one have to strap on a PC, DFO, or a HD EFI tuner?
This winter I would like to Stage II my FLHTCUI and am begining to calculate the damage ($).
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
250 Posts
Get the SE EFI Tuner - you 'll save a ton of money over time and you can tweek that calibration everytime you change anything o the bike. You can also have a calibration for road trips and weekend bar hops or even that Joe Teresi Dyno truck if you're into those things . Takes about 30 seconds to switch cailbrations. I run the cable from the right side ECM up under my seat out through the backrest and stuff it in the back rest pocket. Takes about 5 seconds to pull it out and attach to laptop and other 25 seconds to upload a new calibration. Unplug laptop cable and off you go. This is a 2002 FLHTCUI 1550 with 12,000 miles on it and eight different calibrations now. I'm also looking at an AF guage from RB Racing with a 4 wire O2 sensor - no decision yet on adding that if it'll fit in and replace the ambient temperature guage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts